17

Not as long as usual and not edited but still a nice chapter ;) This time I won't rant cause it's too early but I still love you - every one of you and I hope you'll enjoy the chapter.

Votes and comments are appreciated, as usual!

**

Sheila's eyes glanced once again in the direction of the small group of people seated in the lounge area and looking as if they had lot of fun – Matty especially.

Paige was grinning at him while his hand slid between her thighs, not bothering that they were in public – obvious to everyone around them. She just lustfully batted her eyelashes at him before looking back to the group and obnoxiously laughing at something that Adam had said.

Sheila looked back at Matty and pulled her bottom lip between her teeth at the sight of him.

Matty's hair was messily framing his face, falling over his chiselled cheekbones and Sheila watched as he ran a hand through his locks, pushing them away from his face only to have them in his eyes again in matter of seconds. She watched him beam at his friends and telling something to George while he unbuttoned few buttons on his crisp white shirt, putting his chest tattoo on display.

Quickly, before anyone could see her staring at the guy who made her heart beat faster, Sheila averted her gaze back to her old shoes. For a split of a moment, Sheila's thoughts wandered in the wrong direction and she started comparing herself to Paige although it was probably the worst thing that she could do because of the state that she was in. Her bile grew bigger inside her throat and her hand gripped tightly the bag in her hands on the memory of Matty, cradling her naked body and looking at her, taking in all her perfections and imperfections.

"You are beautiful, Sheila."

Liar.

Sheila blinked the unexpected tears away, noticing pair of shoes stopping in front of her and she looked up, her eyes meeting with Julian's enticing smile. He was holding two glasses of red wine and he reached on to her before clinking it with his own.

"Thank you," Sheila whispered, smiling shyly at him as she took a first sip, enjoying the slightly bitter taste.

It was already her third glass of wine and she was starting to get slightly tipsy but it was necessary if she wanted to feel okay. Sober, she wouldn't be able to cope with anything tonight, including Julian and whatever his reason for hanging out with Sheila was.

Julian was a nice guy or so it seemed at the moment. He was a musician as well, played several instruments and enjoyed theatre and photography. Julian was eloquent, a proper gentleman and almost funny as George but Sheila just couldn't relax next to him and the smiles she was giving on his light-hearted jokes were all but honest but Julian didn't seem to notice that.

Sheila looked up at him and secretly sighed at his looks.

Julian was very attractive. Green eyes, chestnut hair and a smile that made his cheeks dimple, he was probably able to seduce any girl in the room and yet he was there, standing with Sheila and telling her the story of his life.

Julian clearly had interest in her because even after their dance, he asked her if she'd like to have a drink with him and maybe dance with him some more. Sheila accepted because she wasn't ready to go back to her friends and pretend that she was feeling fine while watching Matty and Paige exchanging kisses.

Julian was a heavens sent distraction and Sheila embraced it.

So she killed her time and her brain cells with wine, thinking about Matty and absentmindedly listening to Julian talk about his first love – cello.