08

I quite enjoyed writing this chapter - and I think you will finally get to know Sheila in all her clumsiness and glory! :) 

A big thank you goes to everyone one of you who voted and commented, alienharrry, and of course Mae and Jolene for being so supportive!

Now, you know what to do - read, comment, vote if you'd like, enjoy.. 

**

Sheila's boots trampled in the puddles of rain that formed on the dents of large pavements. She moved her red umbrella over her head and held out her palm, trying to decipher whether it was still raining or not. Although being a British person, one that grew up in Northeast, she never enjoyed the tricky game of rain and sunshine that seemed to play out ever so often.

She felt a raindrop fall somewhere on her face and she sighed, returning the umbrella back in her previous position. With her free hand, she adjusted her thick scarf and quickly as possible stuck her hand in the pocket, confining it in the warmth. She hated cold and 'always freezing' was something worth of putting on her working biography – in the 'other' section.

She still had quite a bit to walk to her home and the rain was annoying. Getting out of the tube few stations early just to get a portion of Trevigiano pasta from an Italian deli now seemed like a bad idea. Still, Sheila looked forward to getting home earlier. Both, Kelly and Jamie were on some meeting and Sheila didn't want to feel alone in the office.

Stepping on the porch of the house, Sheila blew out her growing fringe. She fiddled with her umbrella and the paper bag as she tried to push the key in the lock. The plan she had once she gets home was simple – shower, tea and watching 'Love Actually', sobbing and laughing at the same time until she falls asleep. She wanted to be cosy, wrapped in her warm blanket and with a mug of tea. She wanted to enjoy the free afternoon.

As soon as she managed to push the doors open and step in the tiny hallway, Sheila froze in the place.

Not turning around, she silently closed the doors, hoping that they didn't hear her. The voices were coming from the kitchen and Sheila would recognise the sound of his voice at any given moment. Frozen in the place, Sheila stood in the hallway – holding her breath – listening to Matty and Shannon talk about some club that recently opened in Soho.

Sheila tried to be silent, turning around so that her back was leaned on the wall next to the kitchen doors. Sadness was creeping up from the pit of her stomach to her heart and she didn't know how to make it disappear. In that past few days, she slightly managed to get over the fact that Shannon slept with Matty. She finally accepted that she was no one to him but another person in his working circle. Neither more nor less than that.

Ignoring Shannon's laughter, Sheila straightened her back and turned around, ready to leave but her clumsiness overpowered her. With her foot, she knocked over Elvis' boots and she dropped her umbrella, trying to steady herself.

So much about being silent and leaving before anyone noticed.

"Sheila?!" Shannon's voice called out and soon enough her flatmate's figure appeared, gripping the kitchen doorframe for support.

"Hey," Sheila replied, putting her wet umbrella in the basket next to the doors. She crouched down and returned Elvis' shoe in the place. For some reason, the paper bag was still in Sheila's hands as she refused to let it go. Sheila got up, straightened her coat and brushed her fringe out of her eyes.

Shannon gave her a small smile. "Matty's here," she said and Sheila nodded as she watched Shannon retreat to the kitchen. With a deep breath, Sheila took a step and her finally appeared in the kitchen doorway.