07

Happy Halloween, guys! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and had much fun for the coolest holiday ever. 

I decided to update Wonderwall and I hope you like it. If you are one of those people who skip chapters, I highly recommend reading the last one because you won't understand a thing...

Read, enjoy, vote and leave a comment (doesn't have to be in that order) :)

**

Asking a guy named Frank to take her virginity was the worst thing that Sheila did, and probably the only thing that she was embarrassed of.

She was twenty years old; tired of being left out and Frank was this cute guy in her business class. He had a pretty face but slimy attitude and he didn't mind when Sheila asked him bluntly if he wanted to sleep with her. She was tipsy, bad pop music was playing and Frank wasn't a guy to say no to such offer.

Sheila didn't feel anything while he was pushing in and out, and she laid emotionless beneath him. All that was left from her first time was slight pain in her lower area for the next few days and an embarrassing feeling for the rest of her life.

Compared to her little adventure with Frank, avoiding Shannon was just an idiotic move and yet Sheila was doing it.

The night at the party, right after Shannon left with Matty, Sheila left too – refusing Adam's offer to drive her home. She called a taxi and the rest of the evening spent crying in her room while drinking some wine that she 'borrowed' from Xavier's cupboard. Sheila wasn't sure if Shannon actually went under Matty's sheets but the way they flirted, it seemed like it. She wasn't even sure why she was crying but she just did.

And Sheila's methods of avoiding her flatmate were plain stupid. Sheila would leave after and come back home before Shannon. She also avoided going out with them and rather stayed in the room while her flatmates watched together movies or Britain's Got Talent in their living room.

While Sheila was good at avoiding Shannon, she was terrible at avoiding Matty. The band was spending more time in the office how the album release was approaching and she couldn't hide from him. Still, every time he'd walk in, she'd look away, usually pretending that she was busy. During the meetings, she'd avoid looking at him or engaging in the conversation when he was speaking. Answers to his questions were always curt and Sheila tried to keep it formal as possible.

Sheila felt incredibly silly while avoiding Shannon and acting cold towards Matty, but she wasn't able to face them and no one seemed to notice what she was doing anyway.

At rare occasions, Sheila stayed in the office, immersing herself in the work, trying to push Matty out of her mind and steps that led to her heart. For Sheila, work became her own defence mechanism and it made her feel better but extremely tired.

The Thursday, two weeks after the party, she was doing the very thing. It was late and the dusk has already turned into night outside but Sheila didn't care. The small lamp on her desk was the only source of light in the room while Sheila went over the task that Kelly asked her to do. It was getting cold in the office too but Sheila didn't want to go home and wallow in self-pity.

A soft knock resonated through empty office and Sheila froze, looking up at the door. She only smiled when Adam's head peered from behind the agape doors.

"Hey," he smiled back at her, his curled fringe falling over his forehead.

"What's up?" she asked, looking at her wristwatch, realising it was too late for Adam to be in the building. It was too late for her to be in the office, too.