25

Hello! 

I'll rant a bit now but it'll be quick :D

I decided to post this chapter now and I know I promised I will do it earlier but life got in the way, as always. While you wait, please go and read Medicine by gmbtch because it's so good and she needs all your support because it's her baby story!

I am not really happy how this chapter turned out but I wanted to post beore going on a short one week trip so I won't be able to write but I promise I will deliever quite soon.. 

Read, enjoy, vote and comment!

xx

**

With one roll of her shoulders, Sheila breathed in the London air and closed her eyes for a second. She never thought that she'd actually enjoy the morning mist and drizzle that she despised most of the time, but in that very moment, she was happy that she was in the place that she called home for the past couple of months.

Leaving New York wasn't as hard as she thought it would be, but the feeling of having the book of questions between Matty and her unfinished was troubling her more than she wanted. Just a mere thought that there is one page left – the page that might hold the crux of the entire story was making her restless to the point that twenty plus something hours of flight from New York to London seemed to be an eternity.

Sheila also tried to ignore the look that Ross gave her when they all piled up, including Samuel, on the airport to wave her goodbye before she makes her way back to London and they stay behind on a tour that will last couple of months.

Everyone who was important to Sheila was there.

All except Matty.

She tried to pretend that she wasn't hurt when George said that he had some interview to do for some underground radio station but they couldn't fool her – Sheila knew their schedules inside and out and she was positive that Matty, just like everyone else had a free day.

Pulling her leather jacket with one hand to her chest, Sheila walked across the parking lot – her shoes avoiding the puddles that formed in the indents and made her way towards black Ford Fiesta that was parked between other cars. Shannon stood next to it, dressed in floral patterned raincoat, Hunter boots, and a woollen beanie that, Sheila was sure, belonged to Xavier.

"Hey!" Shannon grinned from ear to ear, throwing both of her long arms around Sheila's smaller frame.

Sheila greeted her back with a smile and brushed her fringe away, putting them behind her ear. Her hair was growing rapidly and she was thinking about growing it out.

"You know, I missed this," she said with a deep intake of breath, waving around the misty London day. There was no cloud in the sky and a thin layer of fog that formed early in the morning still seemed to be present – despite being early in the afternoon.

Shannon let out a snort and made a weird face at her flatmate, her brow arching slightly before her hand reached out and touched Sheila's forehead.

"You must've eaten something of the British Airways menu because you're being very delusional now." Sheila couldn't help but laugh a little as Shannon grabbed the small suitcase from her and walked over to open the car trunk. Sheila followed suit, throwing in her backpack too. "How was flight?" Shannon asked once they both sat in the front seats. "And more important, how was New York? Anything interesting happened?"