19

Hey everyone!

Yeah, I know, it's been a while and I am sorry because you guys were probably getting used on my frequent updates. Finally, new chapter is done and ready for you... and I hope I am not going to hell for posting this picture up there..

Work has been killing every bit of my free time and I started bringing work home because it's the end of the year and there is so much to do before the holidays so I haven't been able to write as much as I did before. BEWARE: unedited chapter (I will get to it sometime later this week xD)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter... vote and leave a comment if you wish because I love hearing from you guys!

xx

Lola

P.S. You should go and check out oxoshie story. It's called "Playing With The Air" and it definitely is one that deserves more attention!

**

A small gasp escaped Sheila's lips and she placed a hand over her heart at the sound of the doors opening abruptly before Jamie stepped in. She nodded at her boss with a small smile but nervously looked back at the screen, noticing Matty and Ross shuffling inside, after Jamie – all of them flush-faced from the cold outside.

Without a word, Jamie placed a pile of pink folders on her desk that has already been covered with papers, sticky notes and Sheila's little doodles. Sheila looked up as her hand instinctively reached out and covered the top of her half-empty cup of coffee while she pushed her round, thin-rimmed eyeglasses up her nose with other.

Her green eyes darted quickly behind, at the guys, but she quickly gazed away once she realised Matty was looking back at her; her cheeks blushing slightly.

"What are these?" she asked, trying to get back on the track. She tilted her head on the side, taking one of the folders with a blue sticker note on it that said 'New York, 2016'

"The one that you're holding in your hands is our schedule for the release," Jamie smirked, taking off his backpack and putting it on the floor, against Sheila's desk, "and the rest are just results from media analyst." Her boss looked stressed out and sleepy as he spoke but the smile was plastered across his face. "The pop-up store seems to be a shot in the middle," he continued to talk, taking off his jacket, and throwing it across the backrest of the sofa. "I really don't know what we'd do without you, Sheila."

Sheila felt the heat reach her cheeks and she bashfully looked down, delicately placing the folder back on the pile and looking at the screen. "That's amazing," she whispered, avoiding looking at them, "but I hardly did anything," she added.

Jamie seemed to dismiss her answer as he turned around and started telling something to Ross and Matty, imaginary drawing something on the glass table. With a small sigh, Sheila once again looked on the screen as she tried to figure out how to finish the latest task for Kelly – something that she wasn't paid to do.

Her fingers trailed over the keyboard, trying to concentrate on the task but failing in process, not being able to focus for a reason. The very same reason that kept troubling her ever since the day she left Matty's and George's house.

She was confused and it was tearing her mind apart.

Sheila was still messed up and her head was still trying to wrap around the things that happened in the past few days and weeks. The most recent, having George almost kiss her in his kitchen while she looked for an escape from Matty's confusing behaviour was sending her brain in overdrive and her stomach to flip in anxiety.