14

Hey my dearest readers! 

I am very excited to upload this chapter and I really hope you will like it. I edited it so many times in order to make it as best as it could without moving too much from my ideas.

I wan to thank to everyone who reads this story, especially to TheLadyMaeCsunphazedbigcupofhottea, gmbtch and useyourHANNs for all the support. 

Please leave a vote and comment on this one because I really need to know your opinion!

**

Pulling up her pyjama pants, Sheila walked back in the living room and sat down on the messy couch, between mismatched cushions. She placed her fresh cup of tea on the table, her fingers losing the feeling of warmth almost immediately and she glanced at TV in front of her.

Some TV channel was showing bunch of happy kids, dressed in very formal and very fancy clothes with reindeer headpieces, singing in a choir something that Sheila recognised as 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'. She stared at the screen, not really paying attention to any details.

The feeling of loneliness was heaving her down and she would sigh ever so often as she sipped on her tea. Her mother didn't call her or text but this morning when Sheila visited her Facebook she has seen loads of selfies of her mother and her aunt, having fun in the snowy Vienna. Her flatmates left one by one yesterday morning and as soon as Xavier closed the doors with a loud thud after giving her a hug, Sheila was fighting back the tears.

She glanced at the poorly decorated Christmas tree, a plush penguin that Elvis decided to use as tree-topper and she smirked at the silliness of her flatmates. She haven-t been living with them for too long but she already missed their banter and Elvis' misheard lyrics.

Her eyes glanced down at few wrapped boxes beneath the tree and her curiosity grew, although she promised herself that she wouldn't open them until tomorrow morning.

With a small sigh, she got up, still holding the cup of tea as she walked over, and lifted a small box, weirdly wrapped in a red paper with tiny snowflakes.

Xavier was really bad at wrapping gifts.

Before she was able to get tempted, a ringing of the doorbell made her jump in place.

Sheila narrowed her eyes, and stepped back to the table, setting the cup on top of the book that she had been reading the entire day. The doorbell rang out once again, this time somewhat longer and Sheila walked into hallway, hesitantly pulling the doors open and gasping a little at the sight in front of her.

"Matty?" Sheila breathed out, her cheeks going from pale to red in matter of seconds.

Matty stood in front of her, two steps away from the doors. His one hand was in the pocket and other holding a small package with a golden bow on top and Sheila curiously tilted her head.

He was looking at her, his cheeks flushed red too but from the cold outside and few strands of his hair clinging from underneath his knit beanie.

Sheila gulped and looked down at her feet and then back at Matty.

"Hey," he said, breaking the silence between them as he shuffled in place. "Do you mind if I come in?" he asked, a charming smile appearing on his handsome face. "It's starting to snow."