02

Second chapter is up! I wanted you to have a piece of Matty too ;)

Read, comment and vote because that's what makes me write more. Up there is one of my favourite pictures of Matty.. 

Enjoy!

**

The light streamed in through the uncovered window, over the body tangled in the duvet and casted its light on the old wooden floor. He let out a groan, first opening one eye and then the second, adjusting to the daylight. Pushing his head back into pillow, he closed his eyes, wanting and needing to get more sleep. The house was silent, everyone was probably asleep, and why he was awake when it probably wasn't even 8 a.m. was a mystery.

Turning on his back, he looked up at the tall ceiling and outstretched his arms for a moment before letting them fall limply back on the bed. He should be taking advantage of the bed; his bed because it won't be too long until they start touring again and sleeping on a bus or hotels or even worse, not sleeping at all. Instead, he was buzzing and pretty much awake.

After two years of constant touring, they finally settled for some rest, before the new, different, and exciting record is delivered. It will be different and he knew that they will lose some of the fans but hopefully gain twice more with the new sound and he couldn't wait for it to see the light of the day. Still, there was so much to do. All the tiniest details needed to be on point, the press needed to be informed on time, the fans needed to be prepared and after their little 'disappearance' from couple of months ago, it had to be all perfect to live up the expectation. Otherwise, they will end up just like many bands before them, in the failed second album cemetery.

Dressed in nothing but pair of pyjama pants, Matty scratched his stomach as he walked downstairs to the kitchen. He didn't had the chance to spend much time in the house he had recently bought but the construction workers did the splendid job on the inside and it finally felt like he had a home. With a tea mug in his hand, he plopped down the couch and ran a hand over his tired face few times, pushing away his wild hair that was getting out of control. Sometimes, he had this strange desire to shave it all off but he couldn't bring himself to do it – his hair held so much memories and cutting it all off would make them less worth.

Sipping slowly on his tea, he browsed the various news websites on his laptop, not really bothering to read anything except for the headlines and by the time he finished his tea he was already extremely bored. He contemplated making music but going to rehearsal room and doing noise would probably wake up his mates and he didn't want that. The fact that he couldn't sleep didn't mean that George, Adam or Ross couldn't either.

After skipping breakfast and going to his room, he picked up his phone from the nightstand and dialled his manager's number. He knew that Jamie probably didn't have time to chat but still, he needed to talk to someone. He constantly needed something to keep him busy.

"You should be sleeping, Matthew." Jamie said instead of the greeting. Over the years, Jamie had become a person of their utmost trust, almost a father figure for the four rather childish boys.

Matty rolled with eyes at the use of his full name. "I am wondering if you are in the office," he ran a hand through his hair, "Do you have time, I thought I could drop in? I have some ideas for the album presentation."

"Don't you want to rest?" Jamie sounded worried on the other side of the line. Matty needed to relax a bit, enjoy the free time he had. When Matty didn't respond he continued, "I mean if you want to swing by, do so. I have some interviews to do though with Kelly but yeah..."

Matty didn't really listen the rest. Instead, he threw the phone on the bed and started getting dressing the first thing that he found – plain white tee and his jeans – he then pulled on his shoes and dressed a leather jacket. Putting a woollen beanie over his head, he tucked his hair beneath it and grabbed his backpack before leaving the room and the house.