29

Hey! The wait is over and I am so sorry for the cliffhanger but I thought it's going to be cute to add some more drama, as if the story wasn't dramatic enough ;) 

A new chapter is up and it's a lot going on in it and I really hope it's not over the top. Hopefully you'll let me know what you think. 

Anyway, if you already didn't, go check out my new stor Sticks and Stones (because there is not enough G stories on this site anyway) and tell me what you think. 

Now, read, vote, comment and I will make sure to post a ne chapter pretty soon :) 

xx Lola

NOT EDITED

**

Quite few things made Sheila nervous.

For the instance, being late for work was the common one.

Lying to her mother, returning a book to the library after its due time or 'borrowing' Xavier's wine from the cupboard in his room were just some among them, as well. She was also no stranger to occasional and mild anxiety attacks that would send her brain in overdrive and she'd only be able to calm down after couple of deep breaths and some water. But, hearing her name being called while Matty's body was flush against her and while his calloused fingers caressed the soft skin of her neck combined both of those uncomfortable feelings, making her stomach twist tightly.

Even more, when she remembered that her date was in the other room—only a wall away.

"Fuck," she whispered, hastily pulling away from Matty and reflexively taking her hands back, wiping her mouth in nervousness. Not millisecond later, her eyes widened and she quickly looked away from Matty's chest, making contact with a pair of brown eyes, curiously watching them. "George!" Sheila urged—her voice was between whisper and a nervous squeak.

She tried to give him a smile and pretend that nothing had happened but instead, she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

George smirked and leaned on the kitchen frame, casually folding his arms across his broad chest. "Um," he started, one of his hands reaching to scratch the side of his jaw, "Julian asked me to check on you. He says he needs you."

"Too bad that we don't need him," Matty said unconcernedly, pulling Sheila back between his body and the kitchen counter, gently trapping Sheila between his legs. "Right?" he mused, looking down at her with a smirk. Sheila felt the heat rise in her body and she gulped, blinking nervously. "So if you don't mind..." he urged, looking at his best friend.

George laughed, shaking his head a bit. "Well, I just thought I'd let you know," he replied with a smile and when Sheila looked back at him, "and that being said, I'll let you guys do—" he stopped for a second, "—whatever you were doing," he added with a wink before disappearing from the kitchen doors.

The moment George stepped out of the kitchen and she was left alone with Matty again – Sheila started struggling for air. There was turmoil of feelings inside of her – one was embarrassment because of George witnessing the kiss and other was feeling that only Matty was able to provoke inside of her and that was slowly wakening.

"Sheila?" Matty hummed, his hands travelling from her shoulders down to her waist, casually. "What's wrong?" he asked and that's when Sheila finally looked up at him, bewilderment written all over her face as she stared at him and his relaxed demeanour.

She suddenly felt very sober despite not being drunk at all.

"What's wrong?" she repeated, hissing silently in disbelief. "You just kissed me!"