06

I just couldn't let you guys down after writing not so exciting last chapter. This chapter was supposed to be posted later this week but I decided to do it today. 

Thanks for the support! Leave a comment and vote!

It's party timeeeee ;)

**

Thumping beats resonated through the huge space filled with people, strobe lights casting shadows on their faces, illuminating their moods. Bartenders hurriedly walked around the chattering crowd, serving drinks that Sheila didn't even know existed. The entire party was screaming luxury and it was evident that the parent record label wanted to show off.

Shannon was standing next to her, downing her drinks one after another, claiming that she 'needed to relax' if she wanted to enjoy the night. When one of the waiters walked by, Shannon grabbed another drink from his plate although she still didn't finish her first glass.

"You're not drinking," Shannon looked down at Sheila, two glasses of champagne in her hands – Shannon's rocket tall high-heels making her tower over Sheila.

"I am," Sheila raised her glass of wine and took a sip, delicate taste spreading through her mouth and she smiled to herself. It's been a while since she had a glass of her favourite wine and this one was the real one and not the cheap copy. She wanted to savour it and enjoy every sip. Shannon just shrugged, her head moving in the beat with the song as she gulped a big sip of her drink.

Sheila scanned the crowd once again, her curious eyes wanting to take the whole scenery in. Never before, had she had the chance to experience something like this – so many same-minded people in one place, celebrating success of someone who probably just stepped into the world of music and celebrities. Sheila noticed Kelly at the other end of the seat area, talking to Troye and some other people – stylish as always in white knee-length dress and with a wide smile on her face. She also noticed the weird receptionist guy, who was giving her annoyed look every morning, dancing with other people on the dance floor.

They were all here, but the person she wanted to see wasn't.

"I love this song!!" Shannon screamed in Sheila's ear and reached out the glasses and her purse she was holding into Sheila's hands. "Hold this," she instructed as Sheila tried to balance her wine glass with both Shannon's champagne ones. "I am going to dance, we'll meet at the bar. This song is too good to just listen!"

Sheila watched the skinny girl walk through the mass of people, her arms in the air moving with the beat as she let out a celebratory sound before disappearing in the crowd.

Sheila sighed, still holding the glasses and two bags close to her body, carefully not to spill it and made her way over to the bar, pushing through groups of people, sneaking wisely between them. Her envelope bag was under her arm and she tried to put it on the bar bench first before doing the same with the glasses and Shannon's purse but that didn't seem to be an easy task. She cursed under her breath, feeling a presence next to her and a whiff of cologne mixed with smoke.

"Déjà-vu, no?"

Sheila looked up, her eyes meeting with Matty's smirk and she silently thanked for the colourful lights in the club. They hid her blushing very well. "Yeah," she mumbled as he reached out and helped Sheila set the glasses on the bench. "Thanks," she added, somewhat louder and he nodded, running a hand through his hair.

"Are you enjoying the party?" he asked, his head dipping down to her ear, his breath brushing against her skin and Sheila could feel the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand up.