Chapter 23: Break up

Iris's POV

I woke up and saw Jeff sleeping. I smiled at him and got up. My back and neck really hurt. I walked downstairs. Honestly, I didn't know what to do. I mean I could cook. But I don't want to. My back and neck hurt so bad. So I won't cook. Besides I've cooked for Jeff. I wanna see how his cooking tastes. I was walking back up the stairs and Jeff was walking down. 

 "Good morning, handsome." I kissed him

 "Morning beautiful." He kissed my cheek. I blushed. He cooked and it tastes amazing. 

 "Jeff. I'm gonna go to my apartment. I really should start going anyways." I informed as I grabbed my shirt and shorts and put them on.

 "Well I have to take you." He reminded. I nodded. "Also what about Ruby and Beth? We were gonna go see them. I thought you were gonna come with me." I thought for a second. I can't go with him. That's his kid and I'm just intruding by doing that.

 "Jeff, I love you. And I think you should have some quality time with Ruby. She's your daughter and I can't be with you 24/7. You and her should have some time alone. I shouldn't intrude. Just go have some father, daughter time with her." I explained. He gave me a look.

"I'm not gonna go see Ruby without you. Just come on. Come with us. Your my girlfriend and your not gonna intrude. Just please, come with me." He begged.

"I don't think Ruby likes me." I sighed.

"What? Of course she does! She loves you." He denied.

"No. Yesterday she asked if I was trying to replace Beth. I feel so bad. She doesn't want you to move on. You need to go with Beth. I shouldn't be with you. I don't deserve you. Beth and Ruby need you. Go with them. Beth should be here right now. Not me. If you want me to be happy, go with them. We shouldn't date. It just wasn't right. I'm sorry." I explained.