Chapter 21: DNA Test

Iris's POV

We are finally back home. Today I'm going with Jeff to get the DNA test. He asked me the other day if I would be his girlfriend. I said we should wait until we know for sure that the child isn't his. Because if it is then I can't be with him. The father deserves a dad. I shouldn't interfere with that. I was scared. If the child is his I won't be able to date him. We finally arrived at his ex wife's house. Which I found out her name is Beth. He already left a DNA sample a couple days earlier. We had live events and we got here on Friday and he sent it over then. So tonight is Monday. Stephanie gave us a week off for this. Jeff knocked on the door. I started shaking. This is huge. (That's what she said). Jeff slipped his hand into mine. He squeezed it tight and smiled at me. I smiled back.

 "Hey Jeff. Long time no see." She gave him a hug. She seemed... nice and pretty. 

 "Oh. You must be Iris! It's nice to meet you! I watch you and Jeff on RAW. You are such a great wrestler." She smiled. 

 "Thank you so much!" I smiled. I don't like her. She's to nice. Maybe I'm just jealous. I walked inside and saw a little girl who looked like she was seven or six run up to him. She hugged him and he hugged her. I'm guessing he doesn't have custody. It's probably since he wrestles. He is on the road almost always. And most of the time we have something going on when we're home.

"So I have the DNA results right here. I haven't read it yet." She smiled. The little girl gave me a look. An unsure look. 

"Daddy? Who is she? The blue haired lady?" She asked.

"Ruby, this is my girl-" He stopped himself and looked at me. "She's my friend."

"Hi Ruby. I'm Iris." I kneeled down to her level.

"Your hair looks like mermaid hair." She smiled at me.

"That's good right?" I asked unsure.

"Of course! I want hair like yours when I'm older." She smiled at me.

"Thank you." I said. 

"Mommy? Can daddy take me to see Uncle Matt? I miss him." She whined. 

"No. Maybe another day." Beth responded as she took out the paper. She read it to herself. Ruby grabbed my hand and led me to her room while the results were being read. Looks like I'm not gonna know yet if the kid is his. She showed me around her house. She showed me her baby sister which was maybe Jeff's kid.

"That's daddy's other daughter. My mommy had her six months ago. Also, I have a question and you need to be honest with me." She warned.

"Ok. I promise I'll be truthful." I smiled.

"Do you like my daddy? And does my daddy like you?" She asked.

"It depends, will you be ok with it if I did like him?" I asked.

"Well as long as you don't replace my mommy!" She placed a hand on her hip. Wow. Sassy.

"I would never try and replace your mommy." I assured her. She smiled. We walked downstairs.

"Jeff?"

"Yea?"

"Is it yours?"

...

CLIFFHANGER