Priorities Over Conversations

Jonah's POV
   Finally! School is out for the day. Today went by so slow. I went to my locker to pack up my books that I need for homework. As I was putting my books in my bag, in the corner of my eye, I saw someone standing next to me. I thought to myself, it's obviously Andi, but I was wrong. I looked up and saw Cyrus. What did he want?

  "Heyyyyy Jonah." He said.

  "Hi Cyrus." I replied.

   I had my school bag around my shoulders. Andi texted me that she would meet right outside of school. I hope Cyrus doesn't talk for too long, I have to go.

   "So, you have any plans today?" He asked.

    "Actually—" I started to say but got interrupted.

   He continued, "Because I was wondering if you wanted to hang out."

  "Today? Sorry man, I have plans with Andi." I told him.

  "Oh, Andi." he said with a frown/annoyed expression on his face.

  I got a text from Andi that said, "Where are you?"

   I said to Cyrus, "Sorry, I have to go, like right now. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah" I heard him say as I walked away.

When I got outside of the school, I saw Andi sitting on the bench near the stairs. I walked over to her and sat as close as I could to her. She looked up and had a confused expression on her face which quickly turned into a smile. I put my arm around her and she lay her head on my shoulder.

  She asked me, "Why did it take you long to get here?"

   I said, "I'll tell you later."

------------    -------------   ----------   ---------  ---------   ----------  ---------   ---------   To be continued
------------    -------------   ----------   ---------  ---------   ----------  ---------   ---------  Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Give me feedback! :)

Hopefully I'll post another chapter either Friday or over the weekend.