Just Sneaking Around

Previously...

When we got into Jonah's room, he closed and locked the door.

"Jonah, are you ok?" I asked

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Let me just pack all my stuff." He replied.

Wow, Jonah locked the door. He must be really scared of his parents. As Jonah finished packing, we heard someone come into the house. Jonah looked at me with his eyes wide open.

   He ran to the window and said, "Oh no."

His mom was home

------------------------

Jonah started breathing really fast and heavy. He held his chest and sat on floor in the corner of the room.

I sat next to Jonah and asked, "Jonah, what's happening? Are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah, I'll be fine. Just having a panic attack," He said while looking around the room and trying to find my hand to hold.

I held Jonah's hand tightly. I hated seeing him like this. A tear rolled down my cheek. Jonah started breathing normally again and looked at me. He forced a smile onto his face and wiped the tear off of my cheek. Suddenly, we remembered that Jonah's mom was in the house.

Jonah walked around the room and thought about what we could do to get out. Jonah stopped at the window and said, "I think it's either crawl out the window and jump into the pool or try to sneak outside."

I went to look out the window and noticed that it was a long way down.

I looked at Jonah and said, "Maybe jumping out the window isn't the best idea."

"Yeah" Jonah agreed.

We heard footsteps on the stairs. Jonah unlocked the door so it wouldn't seem suspicious. We hid his bag that he packed in the closet and tried to hid under Jonah's huge bed. Since the sheets on his bed are really long it covers the ends of the bed. I was scared. We laid under the bed face down. My hands started shaking. Jonah held my hand and I squeezed my eyes shut.

The door opened slowly and we heard the creaking noise. I felt Jonah squeeze my hand tightly. The sound of footsteps came closer and closer.

Then Jonah's mom said, "Is somebody in my house?"

She went into Jonah's bed and stayed there for a while. After about 10 minutes we heard heavy breathing and snoring.

Jonah whispered to me, "I think she's sleeping."

"How do we make sure that she's not pretending?" I whispered.

"I'll check," Jonah said.

"Are you sure you want to?" I asked.

Jonah replied with a half smile and said, "I'll be fine."

He slowly slid out from under the bed. Before he stood up, he kissed my hand. He got up slowly. Then he motioned for me to get out from under the bed. I stood up and tip toed out of the room while Jonah got his bag out of the closet. We made our way down the stairs and to the front door.

Jonah opened the door and said, "I can't believe we made it."

"Are you sure about that." Someone said from in the house.

------------    -------------   ----------   ---------  ---------   ----------  ---------   ---------   To be continued

  Thank you everyone who said to continue this story. I had no idea that y'all actually wanted me to update. Sorry for making you wait so long. High school sucks! I get so much homework. Anyway hope you enjoyed that chapter. Comment what you thought about it.