Sad and Scared

"Dad" Jonah said.

   Jonah's dad said with a weird tone in his voice, "Hi Jonah, I got home from work early. Do you and your little girlfriend want to stay and hang out for a while."

  Jonah slammed the door shut and said, "Andi, let's go."

  He grabbed my hand and we ran down the street. Jonah kept looking back to see if his dad was following us. I looked back and saw his dad standing on the sidewalk. He wasn't following us, he was just standing there with a creepy grin on his face. We ran all the way back to my house. The whole way there I wondered why Jonah's dad wasn't chasing us and instead standing there smiling. Somethings not right.

When we got to my house, Jonah closed and locked the door. He put his bag down and walked over to me.

He hugged me tightly and said, "Sorry that you had to experience that."

I was confused as to why he was apologizing, "Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because you shouldn't have to deal with that," Jonah's said.

I replied, "Neither should you."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Jonah said while pulling away from me and smiling.

2 hours later

   It's been 2 hours since that incident happened, Bex isn't home because she's at work and Jonah has been sitting on the couch watching tv. He's been acting strange and I don't know why. When I asked him if he wanted me to make him lunch, he looked at me and shook his head. He looked so sad. I guess I should try to talk to him.

   I sat right next to Jonah on the couch. He didn't look at me or acknowledge that I was there. I touched him arm, still nothing.

   "Jonah," I said, but he still didn't look at me. His eyes were focused on the tv. Now I was getting angry.

   Oh, I have an idea! I stood up from the couch and stood right in front of Jonah. Then I sat on his lap with my legs on hanging over the outer part of his thighs. His eyes went wide and he looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

     Jonah asked, "Andi, what are you doing."

    "Trying to get your attention. You've been ignoring me for the past 2 hours. Did I do something wrong?" I asked and tears started forming in my eyes.

   "You didn't do anything wrong, it's just that, I'm a little sad and scared, believe it or not. I'm not that optimistic person who everyone thinks I am. My dad and mom, I just know that they're up to something. I'm worried that they might try to do something to you. I-I just don't know what to do." Jonah said.

   "Jonah, everything is going to be ok. We'll get through this." I said and put my hand on his cheek.

   Then Jonah looked at me worried and said, "Andi, you know what I just realized? I have to get a job."

------------    -------------   ----------   ---------  ---------   ----------  ---------   ---------   To be continued

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)