Peaceful Nights

Andi's POV
My mom came into the room where Jonah and I were and asked us where she should put the air mattress. I started to think of where she could put it. I thought, she can't put it in the living room because she sleeps here. It can't go in my room because I sleep in— Wait a minute! That's exactly what she can do! She can put the air mattress in my room and Jonah can sleep on it in there.

   I looked at Jonah and my mom and smiled. I think she knew what I was thinking because she immediately said, "No." But I said, "Yes."

   After a while of talking/arguing, I finally convinced Bex to put the air mattress in my room. Jonah looked happy when I told him.

   My mom said, "I'll go set up the air mattress in your room."

   She left the room and I asked Jonah, "Do you have pajamas? Wait, of course you don't have them here. What am I thinking."

   Jonah laughed a little and said, "Yeah, I definitely didn't bring pajamas."

   "Ok, come with me." I said.

   First I went into my mom's closet because I knew she had a box of some of Bowie's clothes. Just if you're wondering, she has a box of his clothes because sometimes he spends the night here. I looked around the closet and saw the box on the top shelf. I tried to get it, but I am too short. Then, I felt someone lift me up, it was Jonah. He lifted me up and I grabbed the box off of the shelf.

I said, "Thanks" and he smiled.

  We walked back into the living room and I put the box on the floor. After digging through the box for a while, I pulled out grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

   I gave them to Jonah and said, "Try them on."

   He took them and went to the bathroom. After a couple of minutes, he came back into the living room. The sweatpants and t-shirt was way to big on him, but I guess it'll have to do for tonight. He tried to roll up the bottoms of the sweatpants. He was not doing it right, so I decided to help him. I pulled his leg closer to me and rolled up the bottoms of the pants. It took me a few tries for it to finally stay. Then, I stood up and he said, "Thanks."

  "I definitely fit into Bowie's clothes," Jonah said sarcastically.

   I said, "It doesn't really matter what you wear, you always look great."

   He smiled and started to lean closer to me. His arms wrapped around my waist. I could feel his warm breath. I started to close my eyes, ready to kiss him, but then...

   "Ok, the air mattress is ready. Time to go to bed." Bex shouted from the other room.

   Jonah and I started laughing and I shook my head slightly. Jonah and I walked into my room and saw the air mattress to the left of my bed close to the door. Bex came into my room with a pillow and a blanket. Jonah laid down while I went to brush my teeth and change into my pajamas, which was a white tank top and black sweatpants. I went into my bed and slept closest to the left side of my bed so I could, maybe, talk to Jonah.

   Bex came back into my room and said, "No funny business. You two understand?"

   I nodded my head and Jonah said, "Yes, Ms. Mack."

   "Ok" she continued, "I'm going to leave the hallway light on, just in case."

   I said, "Ok, goodnight."

   "Goodnight" she said and left. She kept the door open a crack.

   I said to Jonah, "Goodnight."

   He replied, "Goodnight."

  About an hour later

   UGH! I can't fall asleep! I've been tossing and turning and nothing. I really want to see if Jonah is awake, but I don't want to because what if he really is sleeping. I rolled over to the left side of my bed and looked at Jonah. He looked so peaceful, with his eyes closed, facing towards my bed. I sighed and suddenly, I saw Jonah smile and open his eyes.

  "Boo!" he said quietly, "Did I scare you."

   "A little" I replied, whispering, "I thought you were sleeping."

   "No, I couldn't sleep. Actually, before, I was wondering if you were awake." He replied whispering to me.

   He held out his hand to me and I grabbed it. My bed was higher off of the ground than the air mattress, so the position we were in wasn't comfortable for either of us. Then, I got an idea.

   "Hey Jonah, why don't you come up here." I said smiling while looking at him. The light from the hallway lit up the room just enough so we could see each other.

   "Ar-Are you sure?" He said, confused.

  "Yeah, why not. Since neither of us can fall asleep, we should see if this makes a difference." I said and now I could see that Jonah was also smiling.

   Jonah let go of my hand and stood up. I moved over to the right side of the bed. He climbed onto my bed and hovered over me. Then, he leaned down and kissed me on the lips. It was a quick, soft kiss. He pulled back and we both smiled. Jonah rolled over to the left side of my bed. My back was facing Jonah, so I couldn't see his face. I felt his arms wrap around me and he pulled me closer to him. I felt his heartbeat against my back. I tried to find Jonah's hands and when I did, I held onto his hands tight. I couldn't see him, but his touch gave me butterflies in my stomach. I wonder what facial expression was on his face right now. We were silent. It wasn't awkward; it was nice. But I wanted to talk to him.

   "Jonah." I said quietly.

   "Yes, Andi," he whispered. I could tell that he was getting sleepy.

   "I just wanted to ask you how you feel and if you're ok? You know with your parents" I asked and I could feel him move little.

   "Um, I guess I'll be fine. As long as I have you to help me get through this, I can tell myself that everything will be alright." He said with a tone in his voice that I couldn't determine.

   I let go of Jonah's hands and turned to face him. He put his arms back around my waist. I looked at his face and I saw that he was smiling.

   "Ok. I'll always be here for you" I finally replied.

   "I know," he said

   Then Jonah kissed my forehead and we both smiled. I laid my head against his chest and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

   "I love you Jonah." I finally said.

   "I love you too Andi." Jonah said.

   And with that we both fell asleep, happily.

------------ ------------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --------- To be continued
Word Count (If you're curios.)- 1167

I hope you like this chapter :) I made it longer than I thought I would be able to make it, but anyways, I'm happy with how it came out and I hope you all feel the same way.