Footsteps in the Dark

Jonah's POV

As I was searching, I heard someone with the voice of a female say, "Hey cutie under the counter, you got a girlfriend?"

   I got nervous because I didn't know who would say that to me. I looked up and saw Andi. I was relieved to see her and not some stranger.

  "Yeah, I do have a girlfriend. She's really pretty, smart, and creative. You might know her." I replied jokingly.

  Andi laughed and asked, "What time do you get off work?"

I said, " I think in like an hour."

"Ok, I'll wait until then, and then we can walk home together." She said and smiled.

I said, "you don't have to wait for me, you can go home without me if you want."

"No, no, no, I'm waiting for you." She insisted.

"Ok" I replied and kissed her on the forehead. "I will be right back, I have to give those people more napkins."

As time went on, Andi sat there and waited patiently for the hour to be up. It was finally 7 and that meant I had to lock up the spoon and we could go home.

   "Andi, we can go now." I said.

   She replied, "ok."

   Andi stood up, walked to where I was standing, and held my hand. We walked outside and I locked the door with my free hand. As we walked home hand in hand, I kept hearing footsteps and they definitely weren't mine or Andi's because I stopped walking and still heard them. I turned around and saw a shadow. It slowly approached us and in the lighting of the streetlight I could see that it was...

------------ ------------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --------- To be continued

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I haven't been able to post because of school. Please forgive me! 😔