Chapter 1 - Starting Today, You Are A Host! [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

        “And what are you wearing?!” One of the girls screeched in horror. They both had their arms crossed as if they were in a gang.

        “Yeah! It’s hideous. It’s obvious you don’t belong here.” The second said and they both giggled. Hitomi stood up and went in front of Haruhi to face the girls.

        “Being rich means nothing if you don’t have the brain to use the money.” Hitomi countered and the girls looked as if someone had slapped them in the face, “This person was so smart, that they got a scholarship. You bought your way in. What does that say about you?”

        The two girls scoffed and walked away, talking as if they didn’t lose the battle.

        “Thanks.” Haruhi said and gave a small smile and for the first time, Hitomi could see through her glasses. Haruhi had beautiful big brown eyes. Hitomi smiled back.

        “I’m Hitomi Takenaka, and I know who you are.” Hitomi realized how mean that sounded, “I mean, it’s not everyday we get an average person at Ouran.” Hitomi shook her head vigorously, “Sorry, that sounded mean.”

        “Don’t worry about it.” Haruhi smiled and Hitomi did the same.

        Class droned on and when the deep sound of the bell rang for their free period, she turned to Haruhi, “Would you like to study with me? We can go to the libraries.”

        “Libraries?” Haruhi grabbed her book and stood up just as Hitomi did.

        “We have four, which is probably the best thing about this academy.” Hitomi giggled and Haruhi smiled. It was probably the one time a rich kid wasn’t making fun of her.

        They walked down the corridors and each time they checked a library, it was full and loud. They tried the last one, but it was the same, though Hitomi never got tired of staring at it. They had two floors full of books, a ladder attached to the shelves so people could reach. It had beautiful tables for people to sit and study or read. But they were always loud. The school has four libraries, at least one of them would be quiet.

        “Maybe we can explore and find a quiet place.” Haruhi suggested and they walked up the carpeted stairs and down another corridor with light yellow window designs. Their footsteps echoed throughout the hall. Hitomi went to look down the pink walled hall and passed a post holding beautiful red rose.

        “How about in here?” Haruhi’s hand was on the door to the 3rd Music Room.

        “Haruhi, don’t!” It was too late. As she opened the door, there was a blinding flash of light as rose petals flew out of the door. Hitomi was too late, and she realized it as the door closed behind them.

        They had entered the realm of Ouran’s very own Host Club.

        “Welcome.” Multiple voices said in unison. Hitomi tried to get out but she couldn’t move. In front of her were six boys.

        From left to right, there was Mitsukuni Haninozuka or Honey for short. Though he was a third year at Ouran, he looked like a boy from junior high. Honey was very short with light blond hair and a cowlick on the top of his head. He had light brown eyes and a blinding smile. He had a ginormous sweet tooth and never went anywhere without his stuffed bunny whom he named Usa-chan.

        Next was Takashi Morinozuka, or Mori for short. He was the tallest out of all the boys. He had shortcut black hair that looked as though it had been ruffled. His job was to always be there for Honey. He had a very strong build and a poker face. Hitomi had never seen him smile before. He was only in the Host Club because Honey was.