Chapter Thirty-Five: Bob's Plan

Saddleworth Hotel was as beautiful as Paige had remembered, her heart ached as she remembered that this would have been her venue for her wedding; she looked at José Ras wondering why she had brought her here.

“Come along,” José Ras said as she started to usher Paige into the hotel, she knew that there was so much that needed to be done and she couldn’t wait to see Paige’s face when she realised why she had been brought to the hotel.

“What’s going on?” the brunette asked as she picked up Dina and made sure that Alisha was okay before she followed José Ras into the hotel; she looked around wondering what was going on, the place looked like it was set out for a wedding and it made her curious.

“You’ll see now let’s get you ready,” José Ras said as she quickly moved to the front desk, she whispered with the woman behind it who smiled as her eyes quickly moved to Paige before she handed José Ras a key to a hotel room.

Paige furrowed her brow as she looked confused as José Ras smiled at her before the older woman signalled for Paige to follow her upstairs; the brunette did so quickly as a couple of the staff smiled at her.

“Okay, am I was missing something?” Paige asked as she tried to figure out what was going on; she hadn’t seen Robin since the night before when José Ras had insisted that they all went out for a fancy meal together.

The older woman smiled at her innocently, she didn’t want to tell Paige what was going on; she wanted it to be a surprise and she knew that Bob had done the right thing.

***

Shifting his hold on Noah, Robin raised an eyebrow as he looked at his father as he tried to work out what was going on; he didn’t know why they were at the hotel where he should have married Paige if things hadn’t fallen apart.

“So what’s going on?” Robin asked as he looked at his sixteen week old son, he knew that there was something going on if he was being kept from Paige and their daughters; he had a feeling that his father had gone and done something that he shouldn’t have.

“I can’t tell you that,” Bob said as he glanced at Shaqueel, he knew that the little boy would help him keep the secret of what was going on; he had promised Shaqueel a big surprise for his seventh birthday that was coming up that weekend.

Robin sighed as he moved to sit down with Noah in his arms, the little boy was getting a little fussy about being away from his mother; he hoped that he would see Paige soon so that she could settle him.

“Listen, how long is this going to take?” Robin said as he looked at Bob, who was sorting out something in a bag; the man smiled at his son knowing that he had done well if he had no idea what was going on.

However before he could reply, Kiki stepped into the room and smiled at her brother; she couldn’t believe that her father had planned all of this and she hoped that her big brother could finally be happy with Paige again.

“Kiki, what are you doing here?” Robin asked as he stared at his sister, he wasn’t sure what was going on but he didn’t know why his sister would fly out from Rotterdam for no reason.

***

Paige looked between José Ras and Lilly as they whispered between one another, the two smiled before Lilly carefully moved to get something out of the wardrobe while José Ras checked on the girls.

In the last hour Paige had been forced to bathe again, been treated to a make-over and she’d had her hair styled; all without her looking in the mirror, she had a feeling that José Ras had something big planned for her that day and she didn’t know what it was.

“Okay,” Lilly said as she pulled out a dress bag from the wardrobe as José Ras approached Paige with a blindfold, she smiled as she held it out so that she could blindfold the brunette.

Paige sighed knowing that it was better to agree, she didn’t know what was going on but she knew that it was going to be a big surprised when she was finally told.

Once blindfold, Paige was helped into the dress that Lilly had gotten out of the wardrobe and she couldn’t stop herself from nibbling on her lower lip as she tried to figure out what she was wearing and why if felt familiar.

“Okay, now the shoes,” José Ras said from somewhere on the left making Paige furrow her brow as she was carefully helped into a pair of heels; she listened to the two women whispering before she was carefully walked to another part of the room.

There was silence for a moment as Paige tried to figure out what was going on, she knew that she couldn’t take much more of the secret keeping.

José Ras pulled away the blindfold carefully allowing Paige to blink as she stared at herself in the mirror, she was wearing the Ivory A-line V-neck Long-sleeve chapel lace trimmed wedding dress and the white rhinestone T-bar sandals; she stared dumbfound about why she was wearing her wedding dress.

“What’s going on?” Paige asked as she turned to look at José Ras and Lilly, who were grinning at her as they admired her in the dress that she had chosen to marry Robin in; they had been lucky when they had found it hidden in the back on one of the wardrobes.

***

Robin stared at his sister as she returned with Shaqueel and Noah, who were now both dressed in suits, he wasn’t sure what to make of what his father had done.

“Who is getting married?” Robin asked as he turned his attention to the suit that was laid out for him, he tried to think about why it looked so familiar; he knew that he had seen it somewhere before and he couldn’t think where.

“You are,” Bob said as he decided now would be the right time to tell Robin about why they were here; the footballer looked at him shocked as he moved to sit down. Bob glanced at Kiki nervously as she made sure that the boys looked perfect.

“I wanted to make things up to you and Paige after what I put you both through, so for the last few weeks I have been reorganising your wedding for the two of you,” Bob said as he revealed what he had been up to while Robin had been distracted.

The Dutchman blinked as he tried to wrap his head around what he had been told, he had never expected this to be his wedding day; he looked at the suit again as he realised now that it was the suit that he had chosen to marry the love of his life.

“I am so sorry for what I put you through Robin,” Bob said as he shook his head, he hated himself for the fact that he had caused his son to suffer so much; he had only wanted to protect him.

“You didn’t have to do this,” Robin said as he looked at his father, he knew that this was the first step in the road to forgiving him for what he had done to him and Paige; he carefully got to his feet as his sister smiled at him.

Kiki carefully ushered Shaqueel and Noah out of the room knowing that this was going to be the day that her brother finally married Paige after seven years of waiting. 

###

Author's Note: 

Only one chapter remaining.