Chapter Five: Interesting Meeting

Federico glanced at Robin as they exited the locker room; he had dragged Paige and Alisha with him when he had left that morning, they had been in Manchester for over a week now and it was time for Paige to see Robin again.

“Is everything okay Kiko?” Robin asked wondering why the Italian had been watching him a lot recently and it made the Dutchman wonder what was going on.

Federico paused for a moment and looked at Robin wondering if he should warn him at all about what he was about to drop on him; however fate seemed to make that decision for him.

“Kiko,” Alisha said as she rushed to greet the Italian, Robin stared at the little girl for a moment shocked however it was the mother that caught his attention.

“Paige,” Robin breathed as he stared at his ex-girlfriend, he couldn't believe that she was standing in front of her; he had never expected to see her again.

“Hello Robin,” the brunette replied as she moved forward cautiously, she was wearing navy jumper in cotton and slim boyfriend jeans paired with chestnut western ankle boots and a black studded slouch hobo bag.

The former couple stared at each other for a moment, it was clear that this was a surprise for them to see each other again.

“Mama?” said a voice pulling Robin’s attention from Paige to the little girl that was stood next to her, he stared at her for a moment before he realised who she was; there was no denying that this was Paige’s daughter.

Federico shifted nervously as he spotted the look that flittered through Robin’s eyes, he could see the hurt that Paige was here with him.

“What are you doing here Paige?” Robin asked carefully as the brunette took her daughter’s hand; she looked at her ex-boyfriend, she knew that she had to tell him while she had the chance.

“I came to see you… we have to talk,” Paige said softly, she watched him look confused as Federico excused himself; the Dutchman swallowed as he looked at his ex-girlfriend wondering what she wanted.

***

Sipping on his coffee, Robin stared at Paige as he waited for her to tell him what this was about; he could see it in her eyes that it was something serious and it worried him why she was here after all these years.

“So how old is your daughter?” Robin asked as he tried to break the ice, his brown eyes looking over at the little girl who was with Federico across the café.

“Six years and six months,” Paige revealed nervously knowing that her ex-boyfriend wasn’t stupid and would work out when the little girl had been born and conceived; the brunette watched as Robin nodded his head before he stopped.

Paige knew the moment that the Dutchman had worked it out as his eyes snapped towards the little girl and stared at her.

“Paige?” he breathed as he looked at his ex-girlfriend, who shifted nervously. Robin stared at her waiting for her to answer, he needed to hear it from her, he had to know if the little girl was his.

“Is she mine?” Robin asked as he looked back over at Alisha, he could see parts of himself in her and it made him think of his other two children.

“She is,” Paige confirmed making the Dutchman look at her; he stared at her for a moment before he noticed the fear that the brunette seemed to have of him.

“I can explain…” Paige said as she shifted nervously as she spotted the shock and anger that built inside the Dutchman; she didn't blame him and hoped that he would let her explain.

“I’ll answer any questions you have Robin, I’ll even consent to a paternity test, but please speak with Bouchra about this,” Paige said as she watched her ex-boyfriend; she didn't know what else to say to him, she hoped that he would listen to what she had to say about this.

Robin sat quietly for a while trying to sort through his feelings, he didn't know what Paige had expected to say when it came to the fact that she had kept he had a daughter from him.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Robin asked as he looked back at his daughter, his eyes focusing on her like she could disappear from his life after she had entered it.

Paige looked at him guilty before she spoke and recounted what had happened when she had first found out that she was carrying his child; Robin listened intently to what she had to say.

“So you think Bouchra has these letters?” he asked making Paige nod her head as she sipped on her coffee, she tilted her head as she watched him curiously about what he would do next.

Robin took a deep breath before he looked back over at Alisha, he couldn't believe that she was his; he was happy that Paige had consented to a paternity test to ease his mind but he knew that there was no denying that Alisha was his.

“I’m here for a few months Robin… you can see her as much as you like,” Paige said softly; she tilted her head as she watched him, she knew that he would want to spend time with his daughter.

Robin looked at her and offered her a small nod as he looked back over at Alisha, who was still chatting happily with Federico; he wished that he could have been there for her like he had been for Shaqueel and Dina.

“Where are you staying?” Robin asked as he started to think about what needed to be done, he didn't want to risk losing a child that was possibly his; he would go through with the paternity test to confirm what Paige had told him as well as speaking with Bouchra about this.

“Federico’s allowing us to stay with him,” Paige revealed making the Dutchman nod his head, his eyes moving back to Alisha; he didn't know what it was but he hoped that the little girl was his.

***

Paige smiled as she settled Alisha down for the night; the brunette tucked her daughter in and smiled at her as she watched her for a moment.

Robin had refused to meet Alisha until he was sure that the little girl was his through a paternity test; he didn't want to bond with a child that wasn’t his.

“Are you okay?” Federico asked as Paige stepped out of the guest room where Alisha was sleeping; the brunette nodded her head tiredly wondering how this would all play out. Paige closed the door behind her and sighed as she looked at the Italian.

“I’ll be fine… just wondering how all this will play out,” Paige said making Federico nod his head. The Italian knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and that this should have been sorted out years ago; but what mattered was that she was doing now.

“It’ll be okay,” Federico said making Paige nod her head as her mobile started to ring, the brunette smiled as she realised that it was Evan calling her; she had only just managed to tell him that she was in Manchester.

He had been a little upset that she hadn’t told him about the trip but he knew that it needed to be done; it wasn’t right that Robin had never met his daughter.

“I’ll leave you to it,” Federico said knowing that Paige’s marriage would complicate things when Robin learnt that his ex-girlfriend had married.