Chapter Ten: Awkward Tension

“Papa, what’s wrong with Mama?” Alisha asked making the Dutchman look down at his daughter; the children had all noticed that there was some awkward tension between the two adults.

Robin knew better than to tell his daughter that they had kissed and now Paige was avoiding him; it had been a week since their kiss and the brunette hadn't been able to look at him properly, he knew that she was confused but he hoped that she would slowly come around.

“Nothing… she’s just worried about Evan,” Robin lied making the little girl nod softly at the mention of her step-father; Alisha turned back to her breakfast, it was now the middle of October and the Dutchman had a feeling that something was going to happen.

Robin had been down to London to celebrate Dina’s birthday only four days ago, he hated spending time at Bouchra’s new home; it always felt like she was rubbing his face in her happiness.

“Papa, do you still love Mama?” Alisha asked innocently making Robin pause for a moment, he licked his lips as he looked down at his daughter; he doubted that the six year old knew the power of her words.

“Yes, I still love your mother,” Robin admitted softly as he sat down at the breakfast bar, he watched Alisha for a moment wondering what was going through her mind; the little girl smiled up at her father.

“Alisha, your mother is still with Evan,” the Dutchman reminded as she had her breakfast, he didn't want his daughter to have any false hope; he knew that Shaqueel hoped that he and Bouchra would get back together, even though they had explained that, that wasn’t going to happen.

***

Paige sighed as she sat in her bedroom silently, she knew that she was being childish by refusing to speak with Robin but she needed to sort out her feelings for him and Evan; she hated that she couldn't just turn off her feelings for one of them.

The brunette was wearing a peach sleeveless textured skater dress paired with oatmeal hazy studded espadrilles; she didn't know what to do about her feelings for Robin, she knew that she couldn't act upon them since she was married to Evan.

“What am I going to do?” Paige asked out loud as she ran a hand through her hair, she knew that Evan had said that he wanted her to be happy; that didn't mean that she didn't feel guilty for her feelings for Robin.

“Mama, Papa says that dinner is ready,” Alisha said padding into the room, the brunette stared at her for a moment confused before she looked at the clock next to her bed; she stared at it stunned as she realised that she had been in her room all day and hadn't even noticed.

“I’ll be right down,” Paige said as she smiled at Alisha, the little girl was another factor that she had to think about; Paige had to think about how her decision would affect things between her and her daughter.

Alisha sat down on the bed next to her mother; Paige stared at her confused as her daughter stared up at her for a moment.

“I want you to be happy Mama,” Alisha said making the brunette look at her confused, she hadn't realised that her daughter had picked up on the internal debate that her mother was having.

Alisha smiled up at her mother before giving her a hug, she could see that her mother still didn't know who she was going to choose; she hoped that it was her father, she could see her mother being happy with him.

“Why don’t you go have dinner…? I’ll be down in a little while,” Paige said making Alisha nod as she climbed off the bed and left her mother alone; the brunette watched her daughter leave, she sighed as she pushed herself to her feet knowing that she couldn't avoid dinner.

Heading downstairs, Paige paused as she watched Robin with their daughter; she couldn't help but wish that things had worked out differently for her and the Dutchman.

***

“Paige, can we talk?” Robin asked as he stepped into her bedroom, he closed the door quietly behind him; he watched the brunette for a moment before she nodded her head allowing him inside.

The brunette sat down as she looked at her ex-boyfriend, she knew that they needed to talk about what was going on between them; however she didn't know what she could say to him.

“I know things have been awkward this last week… I’m sorry that I kissed you,” Robin said he didn't know what he was going to do anymore and now he wished that he hadn't kissed her. Paige sighed as she looked at her ex-boyfriend.

“That’s not why I’ve been avoiding you,” the brunette said softly as she looked at Robin; the Dutchman looked at her confused wondering why she had been avoiding him.

“I’m still married Robin… it doesn’t matter what Evan has said, I’m still married,” she said as Robin watched her for a moment, he knew that she wouldn’t cheat on her husband; he hated that he was putting her in this position. Robin licked his lips as he stepped towards her.

“I need to know if this is going anywhere… Paige, I love you but if you don’t want this then tell me now,” Robin said making the brunette stare at him, she brushed some hair from her face.

The brunette knew that it was wrong to lead Robin on but the sudden fear of losing him scared her, the Dutchman stepped towards his ex-girlfriend as if sensing that she was surprised by his ultimatum.

Paige licked her lips as she looked at him, her brown eyes searched his as he cupped her face; Robin knew that she hadn't given him an answer but he wanted to kiss her before she told him.

Pressing a kiss to Paige’s lips, Robin held her close as she wrapped her arms around his neck; she moaned softly as his hands trailed down her body and rested on her hips.

“I love you,” Paige said making Robin deepen the kiss, he knew that he couldn't start anything with her while she was married to Evan and he felt horrible for doing this to the solider after what Bouchra had done to him; however he would do anything for Paige.

“I love you too,” Robin said as he unzipped her dress, the brunette unbutton his shirt; the dress pooled at her feet revealing her boudoir lingerie satin and lace set, the Dutchman licked his lips as he trailed his hands down her body.

Robin kissed Paige softly, the two of them moved back onto the bed; the Dutchman pulled off his shirt while her hands unbuttoned his jeans.

“Paige if we do this we can’t go back,” Robin panted as he drew her closer, he hoped to god that she didn't stop now; the brunette licked her lips as he hovered over her.

“I know what I want and it’s you,” Paige said before Robin claimed her lips, the Dutchman knew that she still had to end her marriage to Evan and he hoped that the other man would let her go just like he had let Bouchra when she had left him.

Neither of them cared what the future held for them, they knew that this was what they wanted; nothing was going to take this away from them and they hoped that everyone else understood.