Chapter Twenty-Six: Alisha's Seventh Birthday

Robin grinned as he slipped out of bed and glanced at Paige’s sleeping form, she was currently twenty-one weeks pregnant and the Dutchman couldn’t have been happier about how her pregnancy was proceeding.

Robin quietly padded out of their bedroom and headed silently down into the kitchen, he had been waiting for this day all week and he knew just what he wanted to do; today was Alisha’s seventh birthday and he was going to make it up to the little girl for missing all the others.

“Robin,” José Ras mused as she looked at her son, she knew how much today meant to him and had been thrilled that her son had invited her and his sisters to fly out for the week; she had just as much to work on as Robin did.

“Mum, what are you doing up this early?” Robin asked as he looked at his mother, he tilted his head curiously as he wondered why she was up at this hour; he had gotten up to prepare the special breakfast that Paige had told him about that she did for his daughter’s other birthdays.

“The same as you,” José Ras said as she looked at her son, she knew that he was a wonderful father and she didn't know what he would ever if something happened to them; she could see that he would lay down his life for his children.

“So how are you feeling?” José Ras asked as she sipped on her coffee, she knew that Robin was struggling a little bit with finding time for his three children and his pregnant fiancée; she could see that he was trying hard to make things work again with Paige and she hoped that this time they would work.

“I am fine,” Robin insisted as he moved to start making breakfast, he wanted everything to be perfect that day for Alisha; he hated that he had missed her other birthdays and he hoped that he could make up for it.

***

Paige grinned as she pressed a kiss to Alisha’s head as she watched the little girl excitedly open her presents as Robin wrapped his arms around her; there was no doubt that Robin was playing the proud father.

Lilly and Kiki cooed as they watched their brother with Paige, they were thrilled that their brother was marrying Paige and that the couple were expecting another child; they had insisted on coming to meet their eldest niece and to celebrate her seventh birthday.

“So how is the wedding planning coming along?” Kiki asked as she sipped on her coffee, she couldn't believe that her brother was finally preparing to marry the right woman; she had told him repeatedly that marrying Bouchra would be a mistake.

“Everything’s going well,” Paige mused as she felt Robin rest a hand on her stomach, he didn't want her stressing out and he had made it clear that she could have whatever she wanted for their big day; he didn't care about the cost as long as she was happy.

“And what about the little one?” Lilly asked as she watched her brother, it was clear to anyone that Robin was enchanted with the idea that he was going to be a father for the fourth time; he couldn't wait for his son to be born.

“He’s healthy,” Robin said grinning as he kissed Paige softly, his sister smiled at him as José Ras chuckled as she padded into the room and started to tidy making Paige open her mouth in protest; she didn't want José Ras doing everything around the house while she did very little.

“You don’t have to do that José,” Paige protested making the older woman wave her off, she didn't want the brunette doing too much while she was pregnant with her second grandson.

“Don’t be silly Paige,” José Ras said making Robin chuckle as he moved to help his mother after he had made sure that Paige didn't need anything; they all wanted her to be relaxed to keep her blood pressure down.

Shaqueel moved to sit next to Paige as Dina helped her older sister unwrap her presents, he looked at his step-mother as she ran a hand through his hair and offered him a small smile; she knew this was a little odd for him especially since they were all still adjusting to being a family.

“So what are the plans for tonight?” Lilly asked as she smiled at the children, she was pleased that they all seemed settled as a family and she had worried about how Shaqueel and Dina were taking being away from their mother and living with their father and Paige.

Robin glanced at his sister as Alisha chatted excitedly about her gifts, the couple had arranged a little bit of a party for the seven year old; they had invited a couple of her friends from school and Robin was a little nervous about what would happen.

***

Paige wrapped her arms around Robin and kissed him softly as Alisha played with her friends, she knew that he had done all of this to keep the little girl happy and she was grateful for everything that he had done.

“Do you think she liked it?” Robin asked as he wrapped his arms around Paige, he had been a little worried when he had been organising the party and had refused any help from anyone to organise the party.

The brunette laughed softly before she kissed him, she knew that he had wanted everything to be perfect for Alisha.

“She loves it,” Paige comforted as she allowed him to pull back, she had a feeling that he was a little nervous about how people would see him as a father; he cared for his children and he wanted nothing more than to prove that he could care for all of them.

José Ras chuckled as she walked past the couple, she could see that they were having a moment and she didn't blame them; she could see that they were completely in love and she couldn’t have been happier for them.

“Come on you two, it’s time to sing happy birthday,” Kiki said as she appeared with the birthday cake, Paige looked at her fiancé as she spotted the cake and wondered what he had been thinking when he had gotten the cake.

“Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday, dear Alisha,Happy Birthday to all,” everyone sang as Kiki appeared with the cake and Alisha’s face lit up; Robin wrapped an arm around Paige as he watched his eldest daughter, he couldn't have wished for a better day for her.

Alisha blew out the candles as she made a wish, she knew what she wanted and she knew that her parents deserved to be happy; they had been through so much and she couldn't wait for her baby brother to be born.

“So what did you wish for?” Shaqueel asked making Alisha smile at him as she glanced at their parents, she grinned as she watched them kiss before she turned her attention to her brother.

“I can’t tell you otherwise it won’t come true,” Alisha said making him look confused before he looked at his father and step-mother, he smiled as he realised what his older sister had wished for; he knew that both Robin and Paige deserved to be happy and he hoped that they would be.