Chapter Twenty-Five: Finding Out the Sex

Robin yawned as he padded into the kitchen, he hated that he had to get up this early after the last few days; he knew that the season was starting to get hectic and that his time with Paige and the children and he had a match later that day against Reading for the FA Cup.

“Morning,” Paige said as she looked at him, Robin smiled softly as he moved towards her and kissed her softly; he was glad that Sir Alex was using him as a sub that night so that he could be here with his fiancée while they went for their scan at the midwife’s office.

“How are you feeling?” Robin asked as he rested a hand on her stomach, Paige was eighteen weeks pregnant and she knew that he was nervous about the scan since he worried that he wasn’t doing enough to help her with her pregnancy; he wanted her to relax when she could.

“I’m feeling good,” Paige said as she kissed his lips, she smiled as she looked at him knowing that he would do anything for her and she hoped that he would calm down as her pregnancy went on.

Robin nodded his head as he watched his fiancée, he couldn't believe that they had official been together for eighteen weeks and he didn't know what he would do if something pulled them apart; her parents were refusing to back down and allow him to be happy with Paige along with his father.

Bob had also recently told Robin that he was being selfish by keeping Shaqueel and Dina in England and for not allowing them to go with their mother; he had also refused to have anything to do with Robin until he came to his senses about his relationship with Paige.

“What time is our appointment?” Robin asked as he wrapped his arms around her, he couldn't believe that they were finding out the sex of their unborn child; he didn't care what they had as long as the baby was healthy.

***

“So how are you feeling Miss. Colbrook?” the midwife asked as she checked Paige over, she had already taken the urine sample and a blood sample; Robin had been a little worried as he watched the midwife check Paige over until the midwife said that both of them were healthy.

“I’m feeling good,” Paige said as she settled down so that the midwife could do the scan, Robin took her hand as he tried to think about what they were about to see; he knew that in twenty-two weeks he was be a father for the fourth time.

“Okay, there is your baby,” the midwife said as she scanned Paige’s stomach, the brunette swallowed as she stared at the image on the screen while Robin swallowed as he stared at the image; he couldn't believe that it was the image was his baby.

“Would you like to know the sex?” the midwife said as she looked at the couple, Paige glanced at Robin before she nodded her head; the midwife nodded as she looked down at her paperwork and then at the image on the screen.

“Congratulations you’re having a baby boy,” the midwife revealed as she looked at the couple, Robin couldn't stop the smile that was on his face; he couldn't believe that he was having another son, he kissed Paige softly as the midwife moved away from him.

“Now you’re due date is the 22nd of July, so have you started to look into birthing classes and things?” the midwife asked as she looked at the couple, with all the hype for the royal baby due in July; she was surprised that everyone was interested in Robin van Persie’s fourth child.

“I actually only took the revision class, this is my second child and Robin’s fourth so we didn't think we needed to go through that again,” Paige said as she wiped the gel off of her stomach; she knew that they were preparing in their own way for the birth of their unborn son.

The midwife nodded her head as she made some notes, she glanced at the couple as Robin helped Paige for a moment, she had seen a lot of couples over the years as a midwife but none of them had been like them; she hoped that they would make things work for their children’s sake.

“Okay, I will see you both again in two weeks,” the midwife said as Paige pulled on her coat, Robin watched her protectively as they prepared to leave the office; he couldn't believe that they were having a son.

***

Shaqueel grinned at the news that he was getting a baby brother; he rested his hand on Paige’s stomach and started talking softly to it making Robin smile as he watched his son while Alisha and Dina chattered excitedly about the baby.

“When does he get here?” Shaqueel asked as he looked at his father, he moved away so that his sisters could touch the expanding stomach that Paige had.

Robin sat down as he watched his children, he couldn't believe that this was his life; he wanted nothing more than to ensure that his children had everything that they could have ever wanted.

“Not for another five months, he’s not ready yet,” Paige said making Shaqueel nod his head before he rested a hand on Paige’s stomach again; Robin grinned at the sight of his family, they all meant the world to him and he didn't care what his father was going to do, this was all that he wanted.

The Dutchman sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, he knew that it was only February and that they had five months until their son was due in July and then there was seven months until their wedding in September; he didn't want Paige stressing herself out of the little things in their lives.

“Robin, you have to get ready,” Paige said knowing that if she didn't prompt him then he would never leave for the match that night; he wanted to stay home and spend time with her and the children.

“I know… I just wish that I could stay and help you,” Robin said as he glanced over his bag for the match; he licked his lips knowing that he had to change into his team uniform so that he could head to the stadium to meet up with his team for the match.

Paige smiled at him softly as the children turned their attentions to something else while the brunette moved closer to Robin; she took his hand as he kissed her softly knowing that he was worried about her.

“Robin, I really don’t mind… besides I know you’ll be there when I need you most,” Paige said as she ran a hand through his hair, he sighed pulling her close; he didn't know what he would do if she wasn’t with him, he doubted that he would have made it this far in his life.

“I love you Robin and I know that you have your career ahead of you,” Paige said as he ran a hand through her hair, he watched her knowing that she was happy that she got to spend time with him even if she didn't see him a lot right now.

Robin swallowed as he kissed Paige, he would have to leave soon for his match and he knew that she would then spend the evening with the children before settling down to watch the match later on.

“But my career will never be more important than you, I know what you’ve had to sacrifice for me Paige… even if you don’t admit it,” Robin said making the brunette stare at him, she didn't know what he was getting at but she had a feeling that it was eating away at him.