Chapter Four: The Big Push

Paige raised an eyebrow as she arrived at work, she didn't know what it was but she had a feeling that they were keeping something from her; the last week had been strange and it was clear they were planning something.

“Okay, what is going on?” Paige asked as she looked between them, she suddenly felt nervous as Isabella produced a white envelope and set it on the table in front of her. The brunette stared at her friends wondering what was going on.

“Paige… we’ve decided that you need to take Alisha to meet her father,” Isabella said as she watched her friend.

The brunette stared at them stunned wondering how long they’d had this planned; Paige didn't know what it was but she had a feeling that she wasn’t going to convince them otherwise.

“Paige, you need to do this… if not for Alisha then for yourself,” Maria De Santis said making the brunette look at her friends, she knew that they wanted her to let go of the past and without proper closer then she couldn't let go of Robin.

Taking a deep breath, the brunette licked her lips nervously as Isabella passed her the white envelope; there was no doubt in her mind what was now inside of it.

“There are two tickets inside… Federico says you may stay with him for as long as you like,” Francesca Macheda said making Paige nod her head as she opened the envelope to see two tickets to Manchester for her and Alisha.

The brunette had a feeling that whatever happened while she was there was going to take a while to sort out; if Robin was welcoming about the idea of Alisha being his then he’d want to get to know his daughter, if not then she’d have to prove that Alisha was his child.

“Whatever happens… we will always be here for you,” Isabella said as she stood from her seat and moved to hug Paige; this was something that the brunette needed to do now.

***

Brushing some hair from her face, Paige licked her lips as she made sure that she had everything in her black cross body bag while Alisha looked up at her while they stood in Manchester Airport.

Isabella had driven the brunette and her daughter straight to the airport that morning, the brunette had been surprised to discover that her friends had applied for a visa for her and Alisha to stay in the UK and it had been accepted for this trip.

“Mama, why are we here?” Alisha asked softly as they waited for the suitcases to appear on the belt; Paige licked her lips nervously as she closed her bag and looked down at her daughter, she had always told Alisha the truth about her father.

“We are here to see your real papa,” Paige said gently making the little girl look up at her, she stared at her mother for a moment wondering if she had heard right; in the six years since her birth, she had never met her real father.

“It’ll be okay,” Paige said reassuring her as she spotted one of their suitcases; the brunette quickly collected it followed by the second one while Alisha was silent as she thought about her real father.

“What is he like?” the little girl asked curiously as she looked up at her mother, she knew little about her real father since she had always seen Evan as him.

However she knew that her real father was out there and it made her curious why they were now coming to see him after all these years.

“Your father is an amazing man,” Paige said softly as they walked out of bag collection and into the waiting area; the brunette smiled as she spotted Federico Macheda waiting for them.

The young Italian smiled as he spotted Paige and her daughter as he moved to greet them, he had been keeping an eye on Robin for months and he was the reason that his mother and the others had pushed Paige to come now.

“Ciao Paige,” Federico said as he greeted the pair, he had met the brunette on a couple of occasions and had been shocked to hear of her history with Robin; though he couldn't doubt that Alisha was the Dutchman’s.

The little girl held a look of her father that was unmistakeable, there was no denying that she was Robin’s daughter; while there were clear parts that were Paige, Alisha looked like her half brother and sister, Shaqueel and Dina.

“Ciao Kiko,” Paige replied as she pecked his cheek, the Italian smiled at her as he collected the suitcases; he hoped that Paige would be able to bring Robin out of his personal slump.

The brunette had worn a cream top with blocked sheer panel and black skinny jeans paired with black suede boots; she had wanted to be comfortable for the travel from Italy to England.

***

Federico smiled as he spoke with Alisha, he didn't know how Robin would take the news that she was his daughter; the Italian doubted that the Dutchman even knew that she existed and hoped that he wouldn’t make things hard for Alisha.

“How is Robin?” Paige asked softly as she handed Federico a cup of coffee as her daughter watched the movie on the television; the Italian sighed as he looked at Paige, he could see that she still cared deeply for Robin.

“He’s struggling right now… the divorce was tough on him,” Federico said, he sipped on his coffee as he glanced at Alisha; she deserved better than what had happened between her parents, but he knew that Paige was attempting to make this right even if Robin had missed out on a lot.

“I know that I should have done more before now,” Paige murmured as she watched Alisha, she felt horrible that she had never been able to do this before but things had been tight and she had been hurting when he had married Bouchra and they started to have children.

“I don’t judge you for what happened in the past Paige,” Federico said making the brunette nod her head, she knew that he didn't; he knew how hard things had been for her in the last few years and she wished that Robin had been by her side, but Bouchra had made that impossible.

“Do you think he’ll hate me for this?” Paige asked softly as tears filled her eyes, she knew how it looked to people when she told them that Robin wasn’t involved and the chances where that he didn't know about Alisha.

Federico sighed as he looked at her, he could see that she was preparing herself for what would happen next; there was every chance that Robin wouldn’t take the news well but he hoped that Bouchra would come forward with the evidence that Paige had been trying to contact Robin about Alisha.

“He’ll be upset… but he’ll understand eventually,” Federico said gently making the brunette nod her head, she knew that Robin had every right to be upset about not being told that he had fathered her a child.

Paige hoped that he would understand why it had taken her so long to get in contact with him; the brunette knew that she should have told him no matter what Bouchra had done.