Chapter Twenty-Seven: Noah van Persie

Paige took a deep as she rested a hand against her stomach and took a deep breath; she glanced at Robin who was sleeping next to her before she reached out and shook him, she knew that it was time.

“Robin,” Paige breathed as she tried to wake her fiancé, the brunette bit her lip as she felt another contraction; she swallowed as she rolled her eyes annoyed before she punched Robin in the shoulder to wake him up.

The Dutchman looked at his fiancée confused before he tilted his head as he realised that the bed was wet; he furrowed his brow confused wondering what had happened.

“My water broke,” Paige said making the Dutchman swallow as he realised what it meant, he stared for a moment before he jumped into action making Paige roll her eyes as she carefully got out of bed and waddled over to get dressed so that she could go to the hospital.

Paige laughed softly as she watched Robin hurry around making sure that he had everything so that they could go to the hospital; his mother smiled as she moved to check on the brunette since she would be watching the children while they were gone.

“I can’t believe that it is finally time,” José Ras said as she helped Paige, she knew that Robin was excited and would probably forget his own head if it was attached to his body. Paige raised an eyebrow at her fiancé as he walked passed her wondering what he had forgotten to put into the car.

“Bags, baby seat, car keys, paperwork… I am forgetting something,” Robin said as he looked at his pregnant fiancée who held back a laugh along with José Ras as they stared at him.

The Dutchman looked between them confused as he tried to figure out what he had forgotten, Robin stared for another moment before he realised what he had forgotten; he chuckled shaking his head before he kissed Paige, he couldn't wait for their son to be born.

***

“Since this is your second child, this should be quick,” the midwife said making Paige nod her head, she was glad that this was going to be a quick birth since she’d had a quick one with Alisha.

Robin shifted nervously as he settled down next to Paige, he didn't like that she was in pain right now and he was glad that she hadn't refused to have any pain medication; he wasn’t sure how he would have coped if she hadn't had any.

“Robin, I’m okay,” Paige said reassuring him as she took his hand, she gave it a squeeze in comfort knowing that he was worried about her; she smiled at him softly, she wanted to ease his mind as much as possible.

Robin sighed as he kissed her softly, he knew that he was being silly but he didn't want anything happening to Paige; she meant the world to him and he suddenly realised that there was a lot that could go wrong.

“What was it like when you had Alisha?” Robin asked making the brunette pause, she stared at her fiancé wondering what had brought this on; she swallowed as she tried to turn his attention to something else, Robin furrowed his brow as he realised that she was uncomfortable.

“It was pretty quick,” Paige said as she looked at him, she didn't want to tell him that she had been alone when she had given birth to Alisha; she had put what had happened behind her and she didn't wish to tell him why she had been alone when she’d had Alisha.

“What about Evan? Was he there?” Robin asked, they usually didn't talk about her former husband but he was a little curious about what the other man had been like when Paige had been pregnant with Alisha; he hated that Evan had been there while he hadn't and that he had supported Paige for so long.

“Evan wasn’t there… he was busy,” Paige said shortly making Robin furrow his brow, he tilted his head curiously wondering why her former husband hadn't been with her when she would have needed him the most. Paige licked her lips knowing that Robin was curious.

“Evan wasn’t allowed into the room because he wasn’t family,” Paige said reluctantly making Robin look at her; he felt guilty that he hadn't been there for her.

The Dutchman swallowed as he looked down at his hands guilty, he would have given anything to be around when their daughter had been born and he had lost that chance because of someone’s selfish needs; he doubted he would forgive Bouchra for driving Paige away.

“Robin… you are here now and that is all that matters,” the brunette said as she attempted to comfort him, she hadn't wanted to tell him for this reason; she didn't want him to feel bad for something that he had no control over.

***

“Noah Antonio van Persie,” Robin mused as he held his newborn son in his arms, he couldn't believe that he was finally here; they had been a little surprised when the labour had dragged on for fourteen hours but they were happy that he was finally here.

Paige smiled up exhaustedly as she watched him with Noah, she could see that he was thrilled with their newborn; he was a healthy 7lb 2oz and the couple had been a little surprised to learn that their son had been born the same day as the royal baby.

“How are you feeling?” Robin asked as he looked at his fiancée, he knew that the labour had been long and he had been worried about her from the start.

Paige nodded her head as there was a knock on the door before José Ras popped her head through the door, she smiled at her son and his fiancée as she allowed the children to hurry into the room to see their parents.

“We just couldn't wait any longer,” José Ras declared as she smiled at her son, she couldn't believe that this was her fourth grandchild; she cooed as she looked down at the newborn.

“So what is he called?” José Ras asked as she looked at him while Robin dealt with the other children, she cooed down at the baby as Paige smiled softly as she looked at her mother-in-law.

“We called him Noah,” Paige said making Shaqueel perk his head at the mention of his new baby brother’s name, Robin chuckled as he looked at his son before he moved to settle Shaqueel down on the bed next to Paige.

“He’s small,” Alisha said as she looked at her new baby brother, she tilted her head as she looked at him; she was a little surprised when she had woken this morning to discover that her parents had gone to the hospital to have the baby.

José Ras made a small noise that made Robin look at her, she smiled at him before pulling him into a hug with tears in her eyes; she was thrilled that her son had found some happiness in his life.

“I’m so happy for you both,” José Ras said as she pulled back from them, she tilted her head as she looked between her son and his fiancée; they were meant to be and she hoped that Bob wouldn’t do anything that would cause them any problems.

They deserved to be happy and she wasn’t about to allow her ex-husband to cause them any trouble; they deserved to be happy and she knew that with the children they would be.