Chapter Twenty-Eight: Birthday Surprise

Robin cooed as he moved to pick up Noah, he couldn't believe that his son was now two weeks old; he held Noah close as he walked out of the nursery and headed back downstairs.

Today was his thirtieth birthday and he was thrilled that he was getting to spend the day with his family, the Dutchman knew that this was what he wanted out of his life and he couldn't believe that he was a father of four now.

Noah whimpered as Robin walked into the kitchen, he shifted his hold on the baby as he looked at Paige; the couple were meant to be getting ready to go out for a meal with the family but they were just waiting for the babysitter to watch Noah for the night.

“Is he okay?” Paige asked as she stepped out of the living room, she tilted her head as she watched her fiancé with their son; she smiled as she moved further into the kitchen as Robin settled Noah into his bouncer.

“He’s just hungry,” Robin said as he reassured his fiancée, the footballer knew that he would be playing in the community shield that weekend and he wasn’t looking forward to being away from the children.

Paige nodded her head as she smoothed out her multi dress with mirror floral print that she had paired black mesh shoe boots; Robin carefully moved to feed the little boy, he wanted to spend as much time as possible with Noah before he had to leave on Saturday.

The sound of the doorbell ringing, Paige smiled as she slipped out of the kitchen so that she could answer the door; she knew that it would be the babysitter.

***

“So how is the wedding planning coming along?” José Ras asked as she slipped on her water, she looked between the couple knowing that their wedding day was quickly approaching and she wanted to know what was going on.

Robin grinned at the thought of his approaching wedding, he knew that the moment was coming and he couldn't wait to call Paige his at last.

“Everything is going well,” Paige said as she glanced at Robin, she knew he was excited about their wedding day and that there wasn’t much left for them to do; Paige was a little surprised that she had managed to pull together her wedding day in just eight months.

José Ras nodded her head as she watched Robin kiss Paige, she could see the couple were very happy together and right now the two of them were content with how their lives where.

“So what are the plans for the wedding day?” Kiki asked as she sipped on her wine, she knew that her brother had left everything to his fiancée; he wanted her to have the wedding that she was denied when she had married Evan.

Robin rested a hand behind Paige, he knew that there was just under eight weeks left until they were meant to be getting married and he couldn't wait to see what his fiancée had planned; he was thrilled that Paige hadn't turned into a Bridezilla like Bouchra had.

“We are getting married at the Saddleworth Hotel,” Paige said making the other three women nod their head; they remembered the brunette showing them a picture of the country house where she would be marrying Robin.

The Dutchman smiled as he remembered walking around the venue where they would be getting married, he was a little relieved that Paige hadn't wanted a religious ceremony since he had a feeling that his mother wouldn’t be happy if they did.

The evening was filled with relaxing talks about the coming wedding, the couple knew that there was nothing anyone could do that would make them change their minds about what was going to happen; they were going to become man and wife and nothing was going to stop them.

“What about your dress?” Lilly asked after the group had ordered dessert, Robin perked at the question since Paige had hidden the dress so that he couldn't find it and see it before the wedding; the brunette knew that he was excited and she had done her best to keep the dress from him.

“I’ve hidden it, Robin’s been looking for it since I bought it,” Paige said making José Ras chuckle as she looked at her son, she knew that Robin was looking forward to marrying Paige and she had a feeling that the big day couldn’t come soon enough for him.

***

Paige furrowed her brow as she noticed that she had a voicemail from the baby sitter, the brunette glanced at Robin as she put the phone to her ear as they drove home from the restaurant.

“Hello, I just wanted to thank you for sending the other sitters over and to let you know that I’ve headed home early,” the babysitter said making Paige nearly drop her mobile, she glanced at Robin who furrowed his brow as he sensed that something was bothering his fiancée; the brunette stuck her phone on speaker and allowed him to hear the message.

“I didn't send another sitter,” Paige said wondering who was watching the children, the brunette felt sick with worry as they pulled in to their home; the couple didn't waste a moment as they hurried into their home.

Robin felt sick at the thought of their children being with some strangers worried him and he knew that he was going to cause hell with the babysitter for leaving without speaking to them first.

Stepping into their home, Paige felt sick as she spotted her mother holding Noah, she stared at Elizabeth wondering what she was doing there; she knew that this wasn’t a pleasant visit and she worried what her parents were up to.

Robin glared at the woman that was holding his two week old son, he knew that she was a danger to his family and he was aware that if she was here so was her husband and his father.

“What are you doing here?” Robin asked as he stood next to Paige, he felt his heart leap into his throat as Jonathon appeared with Bob from the kitchen.

“We are here to talk some sense into you,” Bob said as he looked at his son, he hoped that Robin would understand what they were doing was in his best interest; they were trying to protect him from Paige.

The brunette swallowed as she watched her mother with Noah, she didn't like how quiet the house was and she feared that they might have done something to the other children; she knew her parents hated her and she worried for the children.

“We cannot allow you to marry Robin, you are making a mistake,” Jonathon said making Elizabeth nod her head, she glared at her daughter knowing that she was ruining someone’s life for her own selfish reasons.

Robin took Paige’s hand in comfort before Bob glared at him, he didn't understand why his son couldn't see that he was making a big mistake; this had been about the prenup until he realised that Paige was wrong for Robin.

“How about this? I will listen to what you have to say if you give Noah back,” the Dutchman reasoned wanting his son away from them, he couldn't bear the thought of him being his Paige’s mother and it worried him what they might do if things didn't work out the way that they wanted.

Bob nodded his head as he looked at Elizabeth, he knew that this was the first step in making Robin see that Paige wasn’t worth the trouble that she was causing him.