39-Love of a lifetime

Ethan was in the hotel room getting ready to leave and head back home, when his phone rang. It was Sadie wondering if he could stop by the house, that she had something important that she wanted to ask him.

"I can stop by, but it won't be for another few hours. I'm out of town right now, and getting ready to head back home. I can stop by when I get back to town." he tells her.

During his flight he kept wondering what was so important that Sadie wanted to talk to him about, hoping that she didn't find out that he was out looking for her dad, and wanting to talk with him. Hours later Ethan made it back and headed over to visit Sadie, Antonio was out with Grace and his parents signing paperwork for Grace's new home.

He walked in the house and Sadie was in the living room, she was done feeding the babies and laying them in their bassinets.

"What's up sweet cheeks?" he asked, walking towards her.

She turned around, asking him to sit and that she had something important to ask him. She sat down next to him, tucking her hair behind her ears, acting nervous. "I wanted to ask you... since I have no father in my life, and nobody really that close to me anymore, I was wondering if you would like to walk me down the aisle?"

He smiled at her, it made him feel warm inside and special. He was loving that she asked him to do that for her "I would be honored, you're like a sister to me." Ethan says, giving her a hug.

Sadie perked up, she felt nervous asking him since she hadn't really known him that long "Thank you so much, you have no idea what this means to me. I didn't think that you would do it." she says, releasing from his embrace.

"Now why wouldn't I do that?"

"I don't know, maybe cause you're in no relation to me?" she says, shrugging her shoulders.

Ethan shook his head "Sadie... you're already family to me. Who cares if you're not blood? Look at Antonio, we're not blood and I still look at him as if he were my brother." Ethan paused for a moment "I do have a question for you."

"What's that?"

"What would you do if your father ever came around looking for you?"

Sadie shrugged her shoulders "I don't know, I never really thought about it, he left my mom when he found out that she was pregnant. I guess I would have a lot of questions for him. Why?"

"Just curious... you've got your mom back in your life, and I just wasn't sure what you thought about if your dad were to ever want to be in your life."

"Well... I've never considered him my dad. Just a sperm donor really, I probably would give him a chance to explain himself, I look at it that he was 10 years older than her, he should have been more of an adult. My mom was 18 when she got pregnant with me."

Ethan took it all in of what she was telling him, hoping that Antonio was doing the right thing. Sadie stood up and walked over to the babies when they started crying, checking on them.

Ethan looked at the time, getting antsy to be home "Well I should get going, I haven't been home for a couple days, and Melissa has been at my house waiting for me. I'm sure she's in a not so happy mood." he laughed.

"Is she ever?" Sadie asked, smirking.

******

Two months had gone by and it's the day of their wedding. Antonio flew everyone to Hawaii to share their special day. Giorgia and Grace helped Isabella and Gabriella get ready, while Sadie was getting herself ready.

Sadie stood in front of the mirror with so many emotions running through her mind, when she put her veil on, she started tearing up. She couldn't believe that she was getting married, feeling sad that she didn't have a father to walk her down the aisle and hand her away. She then cheered up when she thought of Antonio, picturing his smile, and his beautiful blue eyes sparkling at her. She was in heaven, and feeling that she was marrying the man of her dreams, a man she never thought existed.