33- Birthday surprise

"Momma, there is someone on the phone for you." Isabella says handing her the phone.

"Who is it?" she asked, as she carried the laundry basket down the steps.

Isabella shrugged her shoulders "I don't know, some girl."

Sadie set the basket down, and took the phone from Isabella.

"Hello?" she asked. She then got quiet, her face turned pale and dropped the phone. She stood there stiff, after hearing who was on the other end of the phone.

She slowly sat down on the step, and picked up her phone, making sure the phone was hung up. She held her phone in her hand and leaned against the railing.

"Momma are you OK?"

"I'm fine, if you happen to answer the phone again, and you recognize the voice, just hang up OK?" she tells her in a shaky voice.

"OK." Isabella says, looking confused.

Sadie picked up the laundry basket and continued taking it downstairs. She stood in front of the washing machine still shaking and still upset about the person who just called her. She hadn't heard that voice in twelve years, and never thought that she would ever hear that voice again.

She walked back upstairs to make lunch for the girls, and Giorgia walked into the kitchen noticing that Sadie looked extremely pale.

"Sadie, why don't you go lay down, you look as white as a ghost, are you sure you're feeling alright?" Giorgia asked, looking concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks." she says quietly, grabbing a couple cans of ravioli out of the cupboard.

Giorgia walked up to her taking the cans of ravioli out her hands, and set them down on the counter. "Please... go lay down, I'll make the girls their lunch, you look like you're ready to faint."

"Thanks, you really don't have to do that, I'm fine... really." Sadie says, with a tired look.

"Well, you need all the rest that you can get, and don't forget that Antonio is taking you out for dinner tonight." she says, smiling "By the way, Happy Birthday."

"Thank you, you don't happen to know where he is taking me do you? With this big stomach of mine, I have no clue if I even have anything to wear."

"He never said, he just asked if we could watch the girls tonight, that way he could take you out for your birthday. So how old are you today? Nobody ever told us, how old you even were."

"Twenty-seven." she says, laying her head down on the arm of the couch, covering her eyes with her arm. "Knowing Antonio, I'm guessing that it'll be someplace fancy. You wouldn't mind watching the girls, so I can go shopping, would you?"

Giorgia walked into Antonio's office, and grabbed a package that Antonio had given to her, she wasn't sure when to give it to Sadie, but she figured that now would be a good time. She walked over to Sadie, handing her a box. "Here, Antonio asked me to give this to you." she smiled.

Sadie sat back up, taking the box from Giorgia. "What is this?"

"Just open it, you'll see." Giorgia grinned. She walked back into the kitchen to stir the ravioli, while keeping her eye on Sadie, and wanting to see her reaction after she opened the box.

Sadie opened the box, and pulled out a beautiful knee length mulberry colored laced dress, as well as diamond earrings, and a necklace. She then noticed a card inside, and opened it. Antonio wrote her a little note inside, and smiled while reading it:

Happy Birthday Gorgeous, be ready by five o'clock. Love you! See you soon... Antonio.

Sadie smiled as she held out the dress, and couldn't wait to try it on. Giorgia set the girls food on the table, and called for the girls to come and eat. She walked over to Sadie, looking at the dress. "He does have good taste." she smiled "Go ahead dear, go take your time and get ready, this is your day."