37- Feeling the love

Sadie's stomach began to dance, while hearing him speak to her in Italian, she lifted her head up off his chest, and looked at him "OK, I understood the I love you so much part, but what was the rest of it?"

He chuckled "You've made me the happiest man alive." He says, squeezing her tighter, and kissing her forehead.

"I think I'm going to have to start taking Italian lessons, that way every time you speak the language to me, I'll actually be able to understand you."

"I don't speak it that much, only when you've got me revved up."

"All the more for me wanting to learn the language." she smiled, while laying her head back onto his chest.

The next morning Antonio walked in on Giorgia and Grace having a heart to heart talk, he stepped back and stood behind the wall after he overheard the two talking about Sadie. He heard his mother admit to Grace that when she first met Sadie, she liked her, but didn't want anyone to know that she had. She was putting up a front with everyone, because she never cared much for Harlow.

Hearing her say that to Grace, broke his heart, but had known all along that she never cared for Harlow from the start of their relationship.

Giorgia continued telling Grace that she once believed Harlow was just in it for Antonio's money, that she felt she didn't love him, and that her feelings towards Harlow changed after she passed away. She explained that she felt bad for not making it to her funeral, and for her not be there for Antonio. She then admitted to Grace that she was getting liposuction at the time, and didn't want anyone knowing. She confided to Grace, that after being here, and finding out what Harlow said and had done for Antonio, the girls and for Sadie, she felt even worse. She wished she had been nicer to Harlow, and wished that she had given her a chance. She then admitted, that she now knows that Harlow did in fact love Antonio, and wasn't there for his money.

"What made me wake up and stop with my nonsense, was having a talk with Giovanni, but then Sadie and I had a talk, and she stood her ground. I said something stupid to her just to see what kind of reaction I would get out of her, and she decked me across the face with a book." she says with a grin.

Antonio was still standing behind the wall, listening in on their conversation and covered his mouth, chuckling.

"It was then that I realized I needed to stop, and looked back at everything I had done, and said with Harlow, and wished that I was never that way with her." she says, as she drank a sip of her coffee.

Grace smiled; she was happy to hear that Sadie never changed her ways. "Sadie always had a knack of inspiration in her, she always brings out what others don't see. At least the first fifteen years of her life she was always like that. But I see in the twelve years that I have been gone, that has never changed with her."

Antonio decided that he heard enough, and walked into his office. At first, he was pissed and hurt about what his mother was saying, but after listening to her, he knew she had remorse for her actions.

While sitting at his desk, he started thinking about what Grace told him about Sadie's father, and started to do some digging. He searched online for him, and thought he possibly found the right one. He wasn't one hundred percent sure it was him, after seeing many names of a Scott Kline, but from Grace's description, his location and age, he was sure it was him.

Ethan stopped by to see how everything went the other night and to have a talk with Antonio, he walked into the living room and saw Giorgia and Grace sitting on the couch talking.

He did a double take when he noticed Grace, and his heart skipped a beat, he placed his hand over his heart and walked up to her smiling wide. "You don't mind if I sit down and talk with you, do you? My mother always told me to follow my dreams." Grace turned red in the face, and extended her hand out to his. "Hi, I'm Grace, Sadie's mother." she giggled.