35- Explanation

Antonio got out of bed early, he couldn't stop thinking about Sadie's mother, and wondering if she had been telling the truth. He walked down into his office, shut the door and walked over to his desk turning his laptop on. He sat down and logged into his work site. Once logged in, he began doing a nationwide search on Grace. After searching for a while, he leaned back in his chair, staring at his laptop. He couldn't find anything on her, not even a traffic ticket.

He picked up his phone and called one of his investigators, asking to investigate Grace and to see where her whereabouts have been the last twelve years. He then began searching into Las Vegas police reports within the last couple of years, looking for any complaints on any hostage situations.

He came across a couple, there were reports filed a year ago, but the names didn't match. He leaned back in his chair again, and rested his hands behind his head thinking. He remembered hearing Grace mentioning to Sadie that she put out information about her, that she was looking for her and that a friend of hers posted it online.

He also remembered Grace telling Sadie that someone called her to let her know where she could find Sadie, and wondered who that would have been. The only one that came to mind, was his own mother.

Upon waking up, Sadie reached her arm out, and realized Antonio was not in bed. She got out of bed, put on her robe, and walked through the house looking for Antonio. She saw that his office door was closed and knocked. "Come in." Antonio called out.

Sadie walked in smiling "What are you doing up so early?" she asked, walking around the desk and sitting on his lap.

He wrapped his arm around her, and looked back towards his laptop "I'm working."

She rested her head on his shoulder, and began caressing his chest. "Working on what?"

He pointed over to the screen, showing her that he's been trying to find information on her mother. "Antonio, you don't have to do that. She abandoned me in a town, and in a state where we didn't even live." she said hurt.

"What if she was telling the truth?"

"Why would she have gone out so late to look for a birthday gift for me? She could have done that earlier in the day or the next day."

"True, but maybe she was trying to find something special."

"I doubt it. She never really bought me much growing up. All she did was provide a roof over my head. I was surprised that she even brought me to Vegas, I wasn't even of legal age to gamble."

"How long were you there before she disappeared?"

"We had just got there that day, we ate dinner at one of the hotels, I watched her play the slots for a bit, and then we went up to our room. Then she asked me what I would like to do for my birthday, asking if I would like to go see one of the shows, and telling me that I would enjoy seeing some of them."

"Hmm. Seems weird don't you think?" he asked, thinking there has to be more to her mom's story.

"I don't know." she sighed.

"I did call my investigator to have him look into her claims. Hopefully he finds something today, I asked him to get on it, and that I would pay him triple the amount if he got it to me around noon."

Antonio took her hand, and looked at the ring on her finger, sliding the ring back and forth. "On another note, that ring looks good on you." he smiled. Sadie extended her arm out, looking at the ring on her finger, smiling. She turned and faced Antonio, cupped his face and gave him a kiss. "I love it."

"If I were to call her, and ask for her to meet me somewhere, would you come with me?" she asked quietly. She couldn't believe she was willing to meet her, but was more than curious to see what she has to say.