32- Visiting Harlow

Sadie laid in bed watching Antonio sleep, softly sliding her fingers through his hair. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Sadie looking at him. "Morning beautiful." he says, in a deep morning voice.

"Morning." she replied quietly, kissing him.

"I have to be in court today, are you going to be able to handle hanging out with my mother today?" he asked, grinning.

"We will be just fine, we had a very nice talk yesterday." she says, rolling on her back smiling, thinking about how she whacked her across the face.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked, propping his head up with his elbow, and chin in the palm of his hand. He looked down at her growing belly, and placed his hand on her stomach, waiting to feel movement.

"I was just thinking of the talk with your mom and how well it went."

"Yea, about that..." he sighed "I noticed that she had a nice welt on her face. What happened there?" he asked, curling his finger under her chin, and turning her to look at him.

"She pissed me off, asking me if I was only with you because of your money. I had enough and got upset... I am sorry about that, she just had me so angry. I also warned you that I wasn't going to take her crap, and with all these hormones that I have going on, I even warned you that I can't help what I would do or say if it had come to that point." she says, taking a deep breath.

"Well whatever you did or said to her, it worked. I talked to her last night and she said that you two had a nice talk, and that you were going to be starting out fresh. Believe it or not, she actually told me that she liked you." he says, sliding her in his arms.

"I stood my ground with her. I told her that I'm not this way, and that she brought me to that point. Must have woke her up when I knocked her to the ground." she giggled.

"I do give you credit, my mother is a very stubborn person... promise me, that you won't ever hit her again, even though I know she may have deserved it." he says, caressing her arm.

"You don't have to worry about that, I won't be doing that again, I got it all out of my system, and I think we're on the same page now."

She rolled over on top of him, giving him a kiss "As much as I want to continue on with this, I should get ready for work." he grinned, rolling her off him, and to her side. He smiled while caressing her cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Try and get home early or as soon as you can, I planned on making Chicken Marsala for dinner." she smiled.

"Excellent." he grinned, kissing her once more before getting out of bed. "I'll do what I can to come home as soon as I can, I can't pass that meal up."

******

Antonio was at the courthouse all morning, during recess he decided to go to lunch by himself, and to think about life, where he is at now, and to what his future holds. He could barely eat, as he was thinking about Harlow. He thought of her and what they would be doing right now, if she were still alive. The more he thought of her, the more Sadie came to his mind. He still believed in his heart, and mind that someone brought him to her. He wasn't sure if it was someone from up above, or if it was Harlow's spirit herself.

Whichever way it was, he was happy that they were united. If it weren't for Sadie, he wasn't sure where he would be today. He felt that he was just as in love now, as he was during the time he was married to Harlow.

After he was done with court, he took a long time driving home. He made a couple stops along the way, and on his last stop, it was a visit to Harlow. He cleaned the headstone off before placing flowers in the holder, and sat down staring at her headstone. Remembering the days and years they spent together.