38- Making decisions

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to know if Scott Kline lives here, do you?"

"Ah, yea." he says, running a hand through his hair, looking at him cautiously. "He should be home in about an hour or so."

"OK, thank you. I'll just stop back later."

Ethan walked back to his ride, and had him take him back to the hotel. He walked into the bar of the hotel and ordered some food, and a beer, figuring that he should eat something before heading back over to Scott's home.

While eating his food, he checked the inside pocket of his jacket, making sure that he had the pictures that Antonio gave him. He looked at them for a minute, then put them back. A woman came over to him and sat down directly across from him at his table.

"Hello there." she says, batting her eyes at him.

He looked up while taking a bite of his burger "Hello." he says, mouth full of food.

"How come you're here all by yourself?"

"I'm here on business. Can I help you with something?"

"You could start with buying me a drink." she said smiling pretty, using her finger and sliding the diamond on her necklace side to side, trying to turn him on.

Ethan set his burger down and grinned. "You know, your eyes tell me a lot of things, but the only thing you haven't told me is your name."

"Kara."

"Look... Kara, I'm not here to meet anyone, I'm here on business, trying to eat my burger. I'm already involved with someone, and if she saw you here talking to me, I'd be putting my money on her that she would win the cat fight."

Kara stood up and huffed "Asshole." she barked.

"Yes, I have one, thanks for noticing." he laughed while she stormed away. He finished his burger and beer, after paying he went on his way.

He arrived back at Scott's house, and noticed a couple cars in the driveway. Figuring that he was home, he sent the driver away and headed back over to the door. As he knocked, he started feeling a little nervous, but calmed himself down when he thought of Sadie and her kids.

A beautiful woman with long dark hair possibly in her fifties answered the door, he figured that he better act professional since he wanted to say something else when she answered the door. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for Scott Kline, wondering if I can talk to him for a few minutes."

"What is this in regards to?" she asked, looking at him curiously.

"My name is Ethan, and its regarding a very good friend of mine and her mother."

She looked at him oddly, calling for Scott to come to the door. Ethan stood outside looking around until the door opened back up, and Scott walked outside.

"What can I help you with?"

Ethan extended his hand out, shaking his hand "My name is Ethan, I'm here for a woman named Sadie." Scott shook his head, confused "I don't know of any Sadie's."

"Of course, that's right... but you may know her mother Grace... Grace Hart?"

He stared at Ethan for a moment "I haven't heard that name in like thirty years."

"So, you do know her, at least her mother." Ethan says scratching his head.

"I do, what's this all about?"

"Her fiancé sent me to find you, Sadie just delivered twins a few days ago, and they're getting married in a couple months. He would have come, but with double duties of the twins, she needed all the help that she can get, plus helping with their older twins. Anyway, he would really like for you to come to their wedding, and for you to meet your daughter as well as your grandkids."

Ethan went on explaining about what happened to Grace and Sadie, and how Sadie was just reunited with her mother a few months ago. He then showed him a picture of Sadie. Scott sat in the swing that was on the front porch staring at the picture, Ethan then handed him a picture of the twins.

"Antonio said that you can keep the pictures."

"Antonio?"

"Sadie's fiancé." he says, handing him the wedding invitation. "Here take this, all the information is in this packet. I know that you don't know her, but I hope you find it in your heart to finally meet the daughter you never knew. You would be impressed with her."

Scott sat there looking like he was in shock, and wiped away sweat from his forehead. He opened the packet, looking at to what was all inside. "I'm not sure I can do this, I don't know her, and my wife has no clue I got another woman pregnant."

"Well then, that's too bad. You missed out on twenty-seven years of her life, it's not too late to get to know her now, but then again that's your choice." Ethan shook his hand "Thanks for your time anyway, think about it."

He left Scott's house and called Antonio, letting him know that he had found the right guy, he also filled him in that it didn't look good for him to be showing up there anytime soon.

"Sorry Antonio, I tried. I thought I had him convinced, he stared at those pictures for a while. Even forming a smile when he was looking at them. But he insists that it's a no go."