38- Making decisions

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure the kids would like that."

"We both would actually enjoy it." Giovanni says, thinking it would be nice to move away from the tourist attraction.

Ethan came over and brought his girlfriend along, wanting to see the babies and to finally introduce the girl that he has been seeing for about six months now.

Sadie was coming down the stairs as they were walking in. "Oh hi!" Sadie says, as she looked at Ethan and to the girl, standing next to him.

"Come in."

Antonio got up to shake Ethan's hand and then patted him on the back. Ethan stood behind the girl he brought holding onto her shoulders. "Antonio, Sadie I'd like for you to finally meet Melissa." He then started singing in her ear 🎶Sweet Melissa🎶 she turned around "Stop, you're embarrassing me." She said quietly, she turned around and her cheeks were beet red.

Sadie could tell that Ethan was embarrassing her and that she felt nervous being around them, she smiled at her and held out her hand "Nice to meet you, I'd have to say it's about time we met."

"Yes, it's about time." she said quietly, not sounding too thrilled.

Ethan looked over at Antonio smiling, mouthing watch this as he pointed to Melissa. "Melissa works at Little Caesars, cause she's hot and I'm ready." he says, while grinding on her.

"No, I don't!" she hissed, she turned around and gave him the stink eye. "Ethan, I swear, stop it... I don't even know these people." she whispered loudly.

"My bad. Simmer down there pretty lady, you should know me by now, I'm just having a little fun with you... I'm sorry...." he says caressing her arms "They already know I'm messing with you."

Melissa looked at him, not being impressed. She looked back at Sadie and changed the subject "I do love babies; I would love to see the little ones."

Sadie walked Melissa over to the babies while Ethan talked with Antonio, going into his office. "Have you had any luck finding Sadie's father?" Ethan asked, grabbing Antonio's hidden stash of bourbon from the drawer, then taking a swig off the bottle.

"Careful, don't be going out there smelling like booze, then Sadie will know I have a hidden bottle in here." Antonio says, grabbing the bottle away from Ethan "And no, I haven't found him. Well... he hasn't called back and I'm pretty sure he's the one."

"Where is he living? Maybe I can help and make a special visit?"

"He's living in Portland, Oregon. I'm not sure if it's worth going out there, talking to a man who abandoned his daughter, or should I say abandoned Grace while pregnant with Sadie?"

"It's worth a shot, he's older now, so you would think maybe he might want to know who she is? I don't mind going to talk with him."

"I guess it's completely up to you, I'll fly you there if you really want to do it. Otherwise we can forget it all. I'm sure Grace doesn't want to see him either."

The next day Ethan took a flight to Portland, looking to see if he could find Scott. Once he arrived, he checked into a hotel and ordered a cab ride, taking him to the address that Antonio wrote down for him.

When he got there, he asked the driver if he could wait for a bit, letting him know that he would pay him extra, to which the driver agreed. Ethan walked up to the house, located at the corner of the street. It was an older home, and looked like a nice home, all it really needed was a paint job. He knocked on the door and stood there for about five minutes, then walked around the house making sure someone still lived there. As he looked around, there was a middle-aged man standing outside next door watering his plants, Ethan walked over to him, asking questions.