chapter 10

POV: Shadow
I walked through the crowd and spotted Rouge and Sally not far away. They were still holding hands.

"Girls!" I called out which caught their attention.

"Shadow! There you are. Where is Sonic?" Sally asked.

"With Silver and Blaze. I will take you there." I said and took Rouge's hand so we wouldn't lose each other in the crowd. I led them to the others but I didn't see Sonic with them.

"Where is Sonic?" I asked them.

"Wasn't he with you?" Silver said and looked at me confused.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath. "I will look for him." I said and made my way through the crowd.

"Sonic!" I shouted. I didn't hear nor see him. "Sonic!" I thought I saw him outside the crowd. I went over there. It was only his sweater. There was a letter with it as well. I grabbed it from the tree branch and read it.

———————————————
Dear Shadow,

I guess you already figured out I kidnapped Sonic for the sweet bounty that's on him. Give me 12500 dollars in cash and he's all yours. Meet me at the Shine Bridge at 6 tonight. So not, I will give him to Mephiles and let him do as he pleases.

Scourge
———————————————

This was all just a setup so he could get Sonic? I shouldn't have left him alone, not even for a single second. I can't let Sonic go through that again. I need to get that money together. Now I'm glad my dad owns a successful company.

I put the note in my pocket and held Sonic's sweater in my clenched fist. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't lose Sonic, I just couldn't.

"I promised to protect you, and I'm not planning to break that promise." I said to myself. I left without saying anything to my friends. I didn't want to drag them into this. I called my dad on the way to my apartment.

"Why are you calling me Shadow? Don't you have school?" Was the first thing my dad asked when he answered my call.

"Sonic got kidnapped by a bounty hunter and I need money to get him back." I went straight to the point.

"What..?" He said confused.

"Sonic didn't tell us everything about his past, well not you and mom. Before he lived with his uncle, he was forced to live with someone who beat, starved, and raped him. He wants him back so he has put a bounty on him. So this bounty hunter kidnapped him but instead of giving him to that person, he gave me a chance to get Sonic back for 12500 dollars, in cash." I explained. "I really need the money dad. I can't lose Sonic. You know how much I love him, how much he means to me."

"I know I know. When do you need the money?" He asked.

"For 6 tonight." I answered.

"I will get the money and then I'm coming your way." He said.

"Alright." I said and hung up. I sighed and got to my room. I lay on the couch and cried. I didn't know what to do. I felt lost without Sonic. I wanted to help him but right now, there was nothing I could do. I hoped Scourge hadn't hurt him. My phone went off. I looked at the number, it was Rouge.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Where are you? You need to get to class. Someone tricked the fire alarm to go off." Rouge replied.

"I'm not coming back. I have more important things to do." I said and hung up. I didn't feel like speaking. My phone went off again. I growled lowly. It was an anonymous number this time.

"Who is that?" I asked with a growl. I was really irritated.

"I wouldn't talk like that to the person who has your boyfriend." It was Scourge.

"Shadow." I could hear Sonic crying in the background.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I just wanted to know if you're coming tonight or not. Or else I'm bringing him to Mephiles." Scourge said.

"Don't you dare. I'm coming." I said.

"Good. See you tonight." He said then hung up.