chapter 6

POV: Shadow
Ever since we got back from my parents' house, I have been thinking about how to confess my feelings to Sonic. I really wanted to tell him but I was so nervous. I was afraid he wouldn't feel the same way.

"Shadow." Rouge said who sat next to me. "I know something is on your mind and it's clearly bothering you. You know you can tell me everything." She said and held my hand.

She already knows I'm gay so I can just tell her.

"I'm in love with Sonic." I looked away out of embarrassment. "But I don't know how to tell him." I said.

"Aw that's so adorable." Rouge smiled.

"Shut up." I mumbled and crossed my arms as I leaned back in my chair.

"I can help you with your confession." She said with a grin.

"How?" I asked and looked at her.

———

The bell rang and everyone left the classroom. We had our break now. I went after Sonic who was together with Sally. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around to face me.

"Hey, can I talk to you in private?" I asked.

"Of course." He answered with a smile. I led him to a place where it was less crowded.

"I wanted to tell you... that..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Yes?" Sonic said and tilted his head.

"I..." I took a deep breath. "I love you. Ever since the day I met you, I knew you were special. It didn't take long for me to form feelings for you. You're perfect." I said and held his hands. "So, do you want to be my boyfriend?" I asked. His ears dropped as he looked away then back at me.

"I love you too. And I would like to be your boyfriend." Sonic answered as he blushed. I smiled brightly. I couldn't describe how happy I was right now. I placed my hands on his cheeks and kissed him. Sonic kissed back and his arms were wrapped around my neck. My hands moved down to his hips as I pushed him against the lockers. We continued to kiss until we had to pull away for air. He was blushing while panting. I was panting lightly and brushed my fingers through his quills.

"You have no idea how much I love you." I said.

"I think I have an idea." Sonic giggled.

"No you don't." I chuckled.

"Yes I do." He pulled me in for another kiss. We kissed till the bell rang which meant we had to go to our next period.

POV: Sonic
Shadow and I went to our next class as we held hands. I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked. I was glad he asked me out. I have liked him for a while now but I didn't know if he liked me as more than a friend so I never said anything about my feelings.

"You're so cute." Shadow said and kissed my ear.

"Hush." I couldn't help but giggle as my ear twisted.

"Nope. You're my adorable little boyfriend and I can say sweet things to you whenever I want." He said and kept giving me little kisses.

"Okay okay that's enough." I said and playfully pushed him away.

"I can't get enough of you already." Shadow said and turned me around then gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled and blushed lightly.

"Let's hurry up before we are too late." I said and took his hand again. He nodded and we continued walking. We got to the classroom and sat down next to each other. I noticed Sally and Rouge sitting together and looking over at us with a smile. "You planned this out, didn't you?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"Rouge helped a lot since I didn't know how to confess to you." Shadow said and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Aw that's sweet." I said.

"No. You're sweet." He said and gave me a quick kiss. He grabbed my chair and pulled it against his. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled closer to him. I smiled and nuzzled him. The teacher started the lesson but we didn't pay attention to it. We spent the period giving each other our attention.