chapter 9

POV: Shadow
A few weeks had gone by. I was spending the night at Sonic's once again. I woke up without Sonic by my side. I sat and looked around. There was no sign of him.

Where could he be?

I got up and walked out of the bedroom.

"Sonic." I called out for him.

"In here." I heard his voice coming from the kitchen. I sighed in relief and went to him.

"Why are you up so early again?" I asked and hugged him from behind while he was preparing breakfast.

"I'm normally up around this time but this time I got out of bed." He said.

"But that gives us less time to cuddle." I said disappointed. He chuckled and shook his head.

"If you could stop distracting me, that would be nice." Sonic said.

"Fine." I let go of him and sat at the table. Not much later, he was done and handed me a plate with eggs and bacon. I was drooling. I liked eggs and bacon so much.

"Are you going to keep staring at it or are you actually going to eat it?" Sonic chuckled and sat across me.

"It just looks so delicious." I said.

"You don't know if it is before you actually try it." He said. I nodded and cut a piece off then ate it.

"Oh damn, this is so delicious." I said and continued to eat the rest.

"I'm glad you like it." He said with a smile. "Also, I went to get your backpack. I already put everything you need in it."

"You're too good for this world. And too cute." I said. He blushed lightly from my compliment. I finished eating and drank my water before putting everything in the dishwasher. When Sonic was done, I placed his things in the dishwasher as well.

"We still have some time before we need to go to school. What would you like to do?" Sonic asked.

"I don't care as long as I'm with you." I answered.

"We can cuddle some more like you wanted." He said.

"I'm in for that." I picked him up and took him to the living room. I sat down with him on my lap. We spent the rest of the time cuddling with each other on the couch.

"I need to get a sweater before we go." Sonic said. I nodded and let go of him. After what happened to him, I understood why he wanted to wear clothes. It didn't take long for him to return in a dark blue sweater.

"Now we're ready to go." I said and handed him his backpack.

"Thank you." Sonic said and kissed my cheek before taking my hand. I intertwined our fingers and we went to school.

———

POV: Sonic
School was boring like always but it was nice to have Shadow by my side.

"Shadow, I think we should pay attention to the lesson." I chuckled. Shadow was kissing my neck.

"You can pay attention but I'm giving my attention to you and only you." He said and rested his hands on my waist.

"You aren't making it any easier for me." I said and turned so I was facing him. He chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully.

"I just want your attention. Give it to me." Shadow said and nuzzled my neck. I purred softly because of that.

"Alright alright, I will give you my attention." I said and kissed his cheek. He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. All of a sudden, an alarm went off.

"Kids, stay calm. Take your partner's hand and leave the school the building as we practiced." The teacher said but some students were already running out of the classroom.

"Shadow. I'm scared." I said and gripped his hand. "What's going on?"

"It's okay. You will be fine. It's just the fire alarm." Shadow replied and tightened his grip on my hand then got up. I stayed close to him as we walked through the school. There was a big crowd outside. Everyone was there.

"Sonic! Shadow!" I spotted Silver and Blaze.

"You go to them. I will see if I can find Rouge and Sally." Shadow said and let go of my hand. I nodded and walked over to them when all of a sudden my wrist was grabbed. I was being dragged away.

"Scourge?! Let me go!"