Remorse

~~~FRISK'S POV~~~

Me and Chara are sitting on the couch wrapped up in blankets. Toriel healed me, so I'm no longer derpily looking at the stars and comparing them to Chara's eyes. Ugh. And every time I think about me almost telling her that I-.

I bury my face in my hands, completely mortified.

"You okay, Frisk?" Chara asks me.

"Peachy." I mumble. "Never better."

She falls silent as Toriel walks into the room.

"Here are your hot chocolates, my children." Toriel says, handing me and Chara a thermos each.

"Thanks, Mom." Chara says quietly.

She walks out of the room and I squeeze my eyes shut with my face still buried in my hands. I sigh, "Why are you guys so nice to me?"

"What are you talking about, Frisk?" Chara asks, confused.

"I don't deserve it....after all that I've done..."

Chara wraps her arms around me. "It's okay."

"No it's not." I mumble, my face pressed against her shoulder. She rubs my back and I relax completely.

"kid?"

I look up to see Sans leaning against the doorframe. I look away immediately, so he doesn't see how red rimmed and swollen my eyes are from crying. I guess I wasn't fast enough because he sits down on the couch with us.

"kid....i am so sorry. i shouldn't've-"

"Don't be." I interrupt him.

"what?"

"Don't be sorry I deserved it."

"Frisk-" Chara starts.

"No. Don't argue for me. This is what I-" I'm cut off as I feel Sans' arms wrap around me, too. I blink in surprise. Sans hasn't hugged me since before the first reset.

"Idiot." Chara mutters. I'm not sure if she's talking about me or Sans. Probably both, knowing her.

"shut up, kiddo." Sans tells me.

My throat burns. "I love you guys." I say hoarsely, tears still running down my face.

"We love you too." Chara says.

Sans is silent for a second. "yeah." he says quietly. "we all love you."

They hug me tighter as I continue to let out muffled sobs.

Why are you so goddamn NICE to me?!?!

***
{*PLAY}

*Reload

I reappear in the Judgement Hall. Chara....is a lot stronger than I thought she'd be. It'll take some effort to get past her.... I cast a glance down the hallway. She's leaning against a column, watching me.

Do I really want to get past her, though?

I feel doubt creeping up on me, but I shake it off. This is the only way.

I walk towards her and I see her let out a small sigh before walking to stand in front of me- blocking me from Sans, yet again.

"Heya." She says sarcastically. "You look frustrated about something. Guess I'm pretty good at my job, huh?"

"Is there a reason your parroting Sans' dialogue at me?" I scowl.

"Yep."

"Why?!"

" 'Cause. It annoys you." She shrugs nonchalantly and then her eyes start to glow again.

"Shit....." I mutter,  my eyes widening as I realize this isn't the same attack as last time. Knives surround me....every one of them a pure white infused with threads of black. I duck as they aim straight for my face and then jump as some head for my feet. I lose my balance and fall to the ground....and instantly roll over as a knife buries itself hilt-deep into the floor where I was. "Woah...." i breathe, my heart racing. I look at Chara.

She looks at me with fake respect. "Good job! You dodged my first attack! Noice!" She claps slowly, glaring at me.

I instinctively run and swing the knife a couple times at her.

*Miss
*Miss
*Block

I stagger back in shock as she pushes me away after catching my last attack skillfully with the hilt of her knife. "What.....?!"

"What? Did you expect me to just stand there and take it?!" She smirks.

"Could you STOP quoting his dialogue at me!!" I yell.

"What's wrong, partner!?!" She snarls. "Are you feeling REMORSE?!?!"

"NO!" I yell back as I'm lifted from the floor on a bone platform, dodging knives. I cry out in pain as I catch one in my shoulder and fall to the ground, missing the platform. "Holy crap." I'm completely stunned when I check my HP.
40/92 HP.

How high is her ATK?!

I don't notice the Gaster Blaster she summons behind me until it's too late. I hear it charge and turn around, face to face with the red eyed thing that's bigger than I am. I brace myself for impact and don't flinch when it fires.
I die and my SOUL shatters into pieces.

*RELOAD