8

Author's Pov

Hana's eyes fluttered open when rays of sunlight that penetrated from the window hit her face. She groaned as she woke up from her slumber. It took her eyes a few seconds to adjust and regain her vision.

She positioned herself to sit on the bed then leaned her back against the headboard. Her eyes scanned the unfamiliar room trying to remember how she got there when all the event of yesterday struck her mind as a bolt of lighting.

She couldn't contain her emotions anymore. She pulled her leg closer to her chest then wrapped her arms around it. She leaned her head against the knee and let all of the capped emotions escape from her eyes

She could feel someone entering the room and sitting beside her but she was so much consumed by her grief that she didn't even lift her head to see the person.

A warm hand patted her head trying to soothe her down.

"It feels so suffocating like I have been trapped inside of a coffin and thrown into a river," she said in between her sob.

"Everything will be fine Hana-ah, you got to stay strong" the familiar voice spoke in a soft voice.

" How did I get here ?" Hana questioned her in sniffing, lifting her head to face her friend.

"Tae brought you here, You were unconscious" she explained Hana, giving her a faint smile.

All Hana would remember was crying hysterically before everything went black. eShe felt thankful for him for taking care of her.

"Hana you need to eat something ok"Veronica tried to convince her.

Hana shook her head" I'm not hungry " she spoke frankly.

"Hana I know what are you going through" Veronica took her hand in between her. She was worried to death for her beloved friend.

" I know you feel like the world has ended for you" A tear rolled down from Veronica's eyes seeing her strong friend in a wrecked state.

" You got to be strong for yourself, for people you love and your dreams! You are the strongest and most determined girl I have ever met so don't let this take away your shine" 

"But I feel like dying" Hana chocked in her own sob. She felt like it was her fault for not being able to love him the way he wanted, she hated herself for not being enough.

" It hurts so much" she spoke in a trembling voice.

Veronica instantly hugged her rubbing her back as Hana broke down in agony. She was so much in love with Jungkook and her entire body was aching in denial that he cheated on her due to a small misunderstanding.

"Its all because of me and my stupidity, if only I had given him more attention, why didn't I realize what was going on in his mind " Hana continued sobbing hard, burying her face in Veronica's chest.

"It wasn't your fault. It never was. Don't blame yourself for his mistakes. Everything he did was his choice, he was the one who made that decision, not because you were inadequate", Veronica held her rocking her slowly as Hana's tears soaked her chest.

After hours of bawling her eyes out, Hana pulled away from the hug and wiped the remaining trace of tears from her cheeks using the shelves of her top.

"Now please let's go and eat something, you look lifeless" Hana nodded her head and followed Veronica into the kitchen.

Hana silently stood in the chair of the dining hall numbly staring at Veronica who was preparing food for them. Veronica tries her best to cheer her up by cracking some jokes, sharing some funny incident, however, Hana remained indifferent without uttering a single syllable.