34- Mystery woman

Start from the beginning

"I suppose you're ready to leave?"

Sadie looked down at her plate and back up at Antonio "No, we can stay. I'm not ready to leave just yet, I still have asparagus to eat." she smiled, letting out a little giggle as she finished her last few bites.

"Maybe it's not the right time to talk about it, but that woman back there claiming to be your mom, do you want to tell me about it?"

Sadie nodded her head, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly. "Well.... twelve years ago, on my birthday, which I turned fifteen, she had taken me on a trip to Las Vegas. One night, I woke up and didn't see her, I figured that she left to go gambling, so I went back to bed. The next morning when I woke up, she was still gone. I sat in the room for hours waiting for her to return, and she never did. I started wandering around the hotel, casinos, and the strip for a while, trying to find her. She left me with no note, no money, nothing. I didn't know what happened to her. At the time, we lived in Washington, and I ended up being stuck in Vegas for days. I was finally able to get a hold of my grandma, and she ended up flying to Vegas to come and get me. I never heard from her again until today."

"Where's your dad?"

She shrugged her shoulders "I have no clue; I've never met him in my life. She never talked about him, and he's not even on my birth certificate."

"Wouldn't you like to know what happened to her? She did have a worried look on her face when you fainted."

"No....not really." she said hesitantly "I thought she was dead, she's dead to me now."

Antonio looked around, waving for the waiter to come over "Can I get the bill please?"

Antonio paid the bill, he felt upset, wondering how Sadie's mom found her, and at the place they were at, out of all places. Antonio was quiet as they left the restaurant, when they walked out the door, Sadie's mom was standing outside leaning against the wall in tears.

"Please leave me alone." Sadie says, as they walked towards their limo.

"Sadie Marie Hart...please." Grace begged loudly. Sadie stopped walking, rolled her eyes and turned around to look at her.

"You have five minutes, we have plans, and we're late." Sadie barked.

"I didn't abandon you; I left that night to get you a birthday gift. I was then taken, drugged, abused and was forced to make money for them. I escaped about a year ago and have been looking for you ever since."

Antonio kept his arm around Sadie holding her tightly against him, listening to what Grace had to say.

"How did you even find me?"

"I posted a picture holding a sign with your name on it saying that I was looking for my long-lost daughter with your full name on the sign. Some friends of mine shared it online, and I was contacted saying that you were here in Montana, I was given your phone number and the address to where you live. I knew it was your birthday, and wanted to see you. Tonight, I went to your house and was told where I would be able to find you."

Sadie looked down at the ground, not sure if she wanted to believe what she was hearing. She had no clue if she was telling the truth or not, being that it had been years since she saw her last, she felt she didn't know her anymore.

"You may not believe me, but if you give me a chance, I can show you all my scars. I know you must get going, please, call me tomorrow I can tell you more. I want you to know that I've missed you so much, and I never stopped thinking of you." Grace tells her giving her a hug. She handed Sadie a piece of paper with her phone number "Happy Birthday, Sadie."