Chapter 26

Hannah's POV.

I quietly let myself into the flat, my phone vibrating furiously from its place in my pocket. I locked the door behind me and reached for my phone, knowing it was Dad. I was pleasantly surprised when Zayn's name flashed across the screen. I brought the phone up to my ear.

"Babes?" I spoke. There was a lot of commotion in the background, causing me to wince and hold the phone away from my ear. I put it on speaker and bustled around making tea.

"Hi 'annah." He murmured. I sat on the sofa, gripping my cup of tea tightly in one hand. It burned my hand, a pain that I could barely bare. But I made no move to move my hand.

"How are you?" I said quietly.
"I'm okay, just about to go on stage. What about you? Did your Dad go mental?" He sounded worried.

My heart warmed. "He did yes, but so did I. We argued. There's something I need to tell you when you get back." A lump formed in my throat. This was the boy that told me that he was lucky that his Dad had found me; how could I possibly tell him that I didn't want to marry him?

"What is it? Tell me now." Zayn demanded, his nosy side emerging.
I swallowed thickly. "Well um..." As I tried to think of a way to break the news to Zayn, I realised something. There was no fucking way I could tell him without sounding mean. And I would do anything to keep Zayn happy.

"It isn't important." I made a sudden, rash decision in the last few seconds, one that would change my life.

"Well.. If you're sure.." He murmured, sounding unsure.
"I'll call you later okay? Bye." I ended the call hastily, fighting emotions my emotions.

A choked cry escaped my mouth. I looked around the empty flat, and felt so alone. There was nobody to confide in, not even Aliya.

I was going to have to marry Zayn. All my plans, university, everything, they were all going to have to be put on hold. Because I couldn't tell Zayn that I wasn't ready for marriage, especially when he trusted me enough a few hours ago to pour his heart out to me.

I would do anything to keep Zayn happy, because his happiness was so much more important than mine. Zayn's smile had the ability to light up my world, with his sadness just as easily darkening everything. I felt as if my emotions almost reflected his, in the sense that if he was content then so was I. He just meant so much to me. In more ways than he could ever comprehend.

It was all clear to me, suddenly. I stood up shakily and washed my cup of tea away. I dried it slowly, and carefully stacked it back into the cupboard. My eyes scanned the flat, drinking it in. I noticed the scones on the table, hastily pushed into a corner. It brought a small smile into my face, as I remembered that same morning. I remembered and thought of Zayn's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to him. My hands wrapped in his hair tightly, and our mouths moving against each other's furiously. It gave me a newfound strength.

I picked my bag up off the floor and switched off the lights, heading for the front door. I passed the coffee table and noticed a pack of cigs. Not being able to resist, I plucked one out of the pack and slipped it into my pocket, shutting the wooden front door behind me.

Looks like I was returning home. I sighed heavily, adjusting my bag over my shoulder and shuffling to the bus stop closest to Zayn's house.

Fast forward 10 minutes and I was standing outside the familiar green door. I pushed it open and walked inside, immediately greeted by my parents satbon the sofa casually, watching the daily news.

I cleared my throat to try and make my presence known. My mother turned around and scowled once she saw me.
"What do you want?" She sneered.
I was lost for words. What exactly did I want?

I took a deep breath, preparing myself. "Three months," I breathed.
"Till what?"
"The wedding." I whispered. I finally opened my eyes too see a small smile taking over her face.

"Good to see you coming to your senses." She laughed and picked up her phone, coat and keys. Patting me on the shoulder patronisingly, she left the house, shutting it softly behind her.

That left me in an empty house, alone with my thoughts.

------------------------------------------

SURPRISE!!!!!

The amount of inboxes and messages on the last chapter all of people asking me to update was crazy😳

I know how indecisive Hannah must seem with this whole marriage issue but put yourself in her shoes. She doesn't want to get married but at the same time she doesn't want to lose Zayn. What would you do? Comment x

Thank you guys for being such loyal readers, you're all so sweet XXX

✨🌸💕🌸💕Lola💕🌸💕🌸✨