Chapter 25

Hannah's POV.

Her jaw dropped and she took a few steps away from me. I crossed my arms defiantly, waiting for her to speak.

I had been thinking this the entire car ride home. My parents wanted me to marry Zayn for the sake of control; so they could gain even more control over my life. For once I wanted to make my own choice, and I didn't want to marry Zayn. But I didn't want to cut him out of my life either, and he could very well go back to Perrie once he realised he wasn't tied down to me anymore.

So what did I want?

First things first, I didn't want to be tied down in marriage when I was barely eighteen.

"We've already had this conversation, Hannah," She said through gritted teeth. "If you refuse Zayn do you realise how much shame you will cast on this family? Zayn will keep you financially secure for the rest of your life."

I let out a frustrated groan. "I am not refusing Zayn for something as petty as money! I'm young Mum, one day I would like to go to university and see where it takes me. I can't do that if I'm married."

She narrowed her eyes into small slits. "We will discuss this when your father arrives."

"No, we will discuss this now! I will not marry Zayn and I never will," I said firmly. She turned her back and stomped up the stairs, ignoring me.

Well, fuck you too.

I threw myself onto the worn-out sofa, ripping the bobble off my head and throwing it at the television.

If I could have it my way, I would date Zayn and see where that takes me. But I can't, because Mum doesn't allow it, neither will Dad and Zayn might not even want it.

I didn't want to let him go, because that stubborn, raven-haired boy had lodged himself in my heart and soul. But he didn't even know it.

I switched the TV on, only one thought running through mind. No matter what, I refuse to be forced into another marriage, I told myself firmly. I flicked through the channel and landed on some random music channel. Move by Little Mix had just begun playing and I hummed along to it, drumming my fingers against my knees.

Ohh, you know that I've been waiting for youu

Don't leaves me standing all by myself

Cos I ain't looking at no one else-e

I found myself staring at Perrie, wondering how it's fair that she can pull off purple lipstick. She was stunning really, in her own way. With her shoulder-length hair, deep blue eyes and slim figure, any man would feel lucky to have her by his side.

Would Zayn?

I listened to her sing, my jealousy growing by the minute. How was it fair that she was gorgeous and talented?

What was I compared to Perrie Louise Edwards? Even her name sounded fucking prettier than mine.

I switched the channel, unable to look at her perfect face for another second. I flipped past the soaps and glanced at the date quickly. It was Thursday, which shocked me. I had completely forgotten about school.

I selected another music channel as Thursday morning television was pretty shit. This time Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute was playing, causing me to grin like an idiot. Memories of our engagement party ran through my mind, dancing along to that song. Well, more like kissing along.

I sang along to the song loudly, still smiling until a thought hit me.

Could I really let him go? The only man whom was capable of making me smile, making me thoughtful and exhilarated in seconds. If I cut the marriage off, there was a good chance that I might lose Zayn. Did I want to risk it?