Chapter 24

(omg chap. 24 already??
Song for this chapter:
Back For You&Change Your Ticket.... By that band :L)

Hannah's POV.

I slipped the oversized t-shirt over my head, breathing in the masculine scent laced in the material. I tugged the sweatpants up my legs and quickly jumped into the bed, hiding under the covers.

"Zayn!" I called.

"Can I come in?" He said from the other side of the door. I nodded but then realised he couldn't see me.

"Uh.. yeah!" I answered, feeling stupid.

He strolled into the room, clad in nothing but some loose grey sweats. His jet-black hair fell messily over his forehead, falling over his eyes. He pushed it back irritably and fixed up the airbed for him self. He had his back to me, but I could clearly see the playing card tattoo in the dim light of the room.

I hesitated. "Come here."

He halted his movements and turned around. "What?"

"You can just take the bed with me; it's no big deal." I said with a yawn.

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly.

I nodded. "Positive."

I felt the bed dip as he climbed in, pulling the comforter up to his chest. He slowly swung an arm over my waist, as if testing my reaction. I rolled my eyes at his hesitant actions and scooted closer to him, my back to his chest.

"You okay with this?" He whispered.

"Yes. Relax Zayn." I whispered back. I yawned and thought of tonights' events.

My head was still spinning in light of all the new information about Zayn. I still had lot more burning questions to ask but I felt that I had asked enough questions for one day.

Just one more question...

"Zayn?" I ventured, wondering if he was still up.

"Mm?" He mumbled.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Fire away." He murmured.

I turned around to face him. "Where do we stand? I know we're engaged but it doesn't really feel like it, does it?" I whispered, locking eyes with him. His hand moved up to brush a curl from my face and my heart warmed at the gesture.

"We should probably try to be friends, despite the engagement." He suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. "Friends that happen to kiss a lot?"

He grinned. "Exactly. I'm so glad you understand."

I smiled back at him and pecked his cheek briefly, resting my head against his chest. I could hear the thud of his heart beating, soothing me.

"G'night, Zayn." I mumbled.

"Night love." He whispered huskily, his voice thick.

-:-

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing repeatedly. I ignored it and pushed my face further into Zayn's side, wrapping my arms around his torso.

My phone buzzed again. I grabbed it quickly before it woke Zayn up and gaped at the missed calls. Seventeen! I opened them and every, single one was from Dad. My stomach knotted in fear. What had I even done? Except go out in a outfit he wasn't happy with, break the curfew and stay out all night without telling him.. oh shit.

I switched my phone off, choosing to be a coward and ignore the calls. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into a slumber.

-:-