Chapter 20

(Surpriseeeeeee:) enjoy xx)

We walked into the building together, hand in hand. Once we reached a door, Zayn quickly kissed me before opening it.

He turned to me. "I need to do my hair."

"Go ahead."

He walked over to the corner of the room, where some hair products were waiting. There, he constructed his hair into a dramatic quiff. It looked so much better on him than a quiff should on a guy. At that moment, my phone rang. I fumbled around in my bra for it. Zayn smirked once he realised what I was doing.

"What? This dress has no pockets so it's the only place!" I said defensively. He laughed that contagious laugh of his, causing me to giggle. I pulled it out and answered the phone.

It was Aliya. "Hannah where are you? Everyone's waiting and the media's getting restless!" She sounded exasperated.

"Oh sorry! I'll be there soon, promise." I said, adjusting my bra.

"Have you seen Zayn anyway?"

"Yeah he's here.. doing his hair." I replied. He raised an eyebrow. "You're together?" She said teasingly.

"Yes. I'm getting off the phone now." I said shortly. She laughed and I ended the call.

"We need to go, kid." I told him.

"I'm older than you." He pointed out.

"Don't care." I looped my arm through his and we walked out of the room, towards the intimidating double doors at the the end of the corridor. The distant hum of conversation was getting louder and louder.. The doors swung open, and I was instantly blinded by the flash of cameras. Preston and other security guards pushed them back to create a path for us to walk.

The crowd parted and we walked down slowly, occasionally stopping and smiling. The room was beautiful, purple and white fairy lights, glittering chandeliers and two big, throne-like chairs stood proudly. I saw Aliya in the crowd, wearing a beautiful lace high-necked black dress, with a black satin bow. Her short brown locks was pin straight and she was grinning at me. I smiled back at her. We reached the chairs and sat down.

Now was time for the rings ceremony. The lights dimmed and turned red, creating a warm feeling through the room. Zayn and my parents came towards us, both holding red and gold satin cushions. For some reason, I found myself blushing. So many eyes were on me, it was a little overwhelming.

"OK everyone.. it's time for the ring ceremony!" Zayn's dad -Yaser- said. Everyone cheered and I blushed. Again. Zayn and I stood up and faced each other. He smiled at me and I grinned back.

"Ladies first." Yaser said, smiling. I reached towards the cushion Zayn's parents were holding and picked the ring up. It was a simple gold band with five tiny diamonds engraved on. I slowly slid it onto Zayn's finger, allowing the people to take clear pictures. Zayn squeezed my hand and took the other ring from the cushion my parents are holding. The ring is gold, with a large square diamond and four tiny diamonds next to it. It was so beautiful that I couldn't help but grin at it.

I remember when I was about fourteen and would dream about having somebody love me for me. I was a hopeless romantic. I wanted someone to tell me that my flaws make me beautiful and to propose to me because they wanted to spend the rest of their life with me. That part of me is still there. Its so small it's almost insignificant but it's there.

He copied my actions, and the crowd erupted into cheers.

"OK follow me for pictures." Mum whispered in my ear. I nodded and took Zayn's hand, dragging him away. The photographer was ready and waiting. The area was decorated simply, white background with amazing grey drapes over. We smiled at the camera while the photographer snapped away. My cheeks were starting to hurt from all this smiling, to be honest!

"Hug." The photographer said bluntly. We hugged as instructed and Zayn hands travelled from my waist to my hips to..

"Ahem!" I fake coughed, and moved his hands from my ass. He winked cheekily and kissed the top of my head.

Ten minutes later, and we were done with photos. I slipped away and quickly entered the private bathroom. After re-applying the lipgloss, I took a quick breather. My ring caught my eye and I smiled. I'm officially engaged. I felt giddy with happiness as I continued staring at the sparkler. I shook my head in almost disbelief, my eyes filling with tears.

I'm engaged.

------------------------------------

So Zannah are officially engaged! My babies awh

two updates in a week haha you're welcome:) 10 comments and 10 votes for next chapter ;)

love you to the moon and back

L :)

[PS: comment and vote?]