Chapter 18

My eyes snapped open, seconds before my alarm sounded. As its shrill sound rang through the room, the realisation hit me like a tidal wave. I'm getting officially engaged, today. I couldn't stop the smile invading my face. But there was something I needed to do, before anything.

After I finished making abolution, I prayed the morning salah - Fajr. I stayed sat on the prayer mat for a few minutes, praying to God that today goes well. I want to start my day in the best way possible. The henna woman wasn't due to arrive till eight, and it was only about six-thirty now. I decided to text Zayn.

To; Zayn:

Morning. You awake yet? Can't wait until later xx

He didn't reply; he was probably still asleep! I went downstairs to make some breakfast. Everyone was still asleep. After fixing a bowl of cereal, I switched the TV on. It was on MTV and surprise surprise Best Song Ever was on. After dancing, admiring Zayn - and Veronica - I switched to a gossip channel.

"One Direction hearthrob Zayn Malik is rumored to be getting engaged today! What was that noise? The sound of millions of Directioners' hearts breaking!" The blonde reporter giggled.

I spat out the cereal and took a sharp intake of breath. How the fuck did they find out?! I turned the volume up.

"'He is getting engaged to Hannah Khan; a family friend. The party is due to start at noon!' An inside source told us. Well congratulations Mr Malik! Hannah is a very lucky gir-" I switched the TV off. Oh my fuck. I had a lot of questions swimming in my head; none of them very polite. But one stood out.

How the fuck did they find out?

I quickly called Zayn. Thank God, he answered.

"Hello?" His raspy voice boomed.

"They know! Zayn, they know everything! My name, where you are and the engagement!" I blurted out.

"Who knows?" He yawned.

"MTV knows, for one thing."

I heard him curse under his breath.

"Don't worry about it Han, they don't know your address. Don't go out by yourself OK? I'm sending a security guard over. Relax." He sounded worried.

Security guard? He would do that, for me? I took a deep breath.

"Thank you." Those two words had a lot of meaning.

"It's nothing, but I gotta go. See you later." He cut the call before I could reply. I checked the time. 7:30?! I rushed upstairs to take a shower. I had strict from my hair stylist not to mess with my hair too much, so I simply washed it.

By the time I came out Mum and Dad were both up, and there was a knock at the door. I put my hair in a bun and threw on three-quarter length tracksuit bottoms and a vest. Rushing downstairs, the henna woman was setting all her things out. Prepare to be as still as a mummy for the next hour or so, I thought to myself as sat down.

An hour and a half later, my henna was perfect. It wrapped around my arms elegantly, stopping at just under my shoulders. I couldn't stop looking at it! She used black henna, filled it in with red henna and left with a cheery 'have a great day!'.

After leaving my facial on for fifteen minutes -which smelt wonderfully of summer berries- the hair stylist/makeup artist arrived. After all these heavenly treatments, people finding out about the engagement was the furthest thing from my mind.

By now it was ten o'clock and the stylist was waiting. I was glad everyone was being punctual; at least I didn't have to worry about that. Just as the stylist was asking me how I wanted my hair, Mum rushed in clutching a parcel.

"She's to have her hair clipped to the back of her head, with this clasp." Mum exclaimed, thrusting the parcel into the stylists' unexpecting hands.

Mum turned to me. "A gentleman named Preston turned up on the doorstep just now, holding this parcel. He told me that Zayn had sent him, to protect you in case any fans try anything." Mum explained. A small smile broke on my face. I reached for the parcel and tore it open. I gasped in shock and utter delight.

"That's from Zayn, Preston passed it on." Mum added. I couldn't tear my eyes away.

It was a stunning, diamond clasp. A diamond rose with leaves and some small diamonds scattered around it. It was so simple and beautiful, I didn't try to stop the wide grin spreading from ear-to-ear. Mum and the stylist admired it, before Mum rushed off to get her make-up done. Despite Mum being amazing at hair and make-up, she decided to hire a professional anyway. The stylist began combing my hair and I sighed in bliss.

One hour and forty five minutes later, my hair and make-up was completed. My make-up was very minimal and natural but perfect. My hair looked great; swept to the back of my head and anchored with the magical diamond clasp with a few strands hanging down in front of my face.

It was eleven forty-five now and I was getting anxious. The party started at twelve and it was an almost forty minute drive. I hurried up to my room and threw my wardrobe open. My engagement outfit was hanging proudly inside. It was a traditional Pakistani dress, called a 'salwar kameez'. This particular one is white with grey borders and designs on it. I carefully put it on, taking care not to mess up my hair. I grabbed black tights and put them on, along with black heels. Clasping a diamond necklace and bracelet on -a present from Mum- I look at myself in the mirror and barely recognise the woman beaming into the mirror. I walked downstairs.

"Mum! The limo's here!" I screech. She stumbles in, almost falling in her heels. She's wearing a red dress with a square neckline. She smiles when she sees me. "You look stunning, love." She said softly. I smiled at her and gently grabbed her hand, leading her to the limo.

Preston -the security guard I haven't met yet- was in the passenger seat. The driver tried to get up to open the door but I stopped him. I am more than capable of opening a door. As soon as we were safely inside the driver sped off.

It was a long drive; to a hall right on the outskirts of Bradford. Mum and I chatted about anything and everything so when we arrived I barely noticed. But I sensed something wrong when Preston called someone for 'backup'. And when he instructed the driver to go around the back. Ignoring everybody's protests, I rolled the window down.

Oh fuck. There are people everywhere.

---

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 11K reads aha love you all! This chapter was really fun to write surprisingly even though nothing much happens. I know the update is late and I'm sorry!!

So what's your favourite song on MM? I think mine is Strong or Better Than Words. Perhaps SOML. Anyways, comment!

I'm reading an awesome fanfic called Laced which is by @ziamfeathers. It's a Zayn ff and I love it!

Also, these days I'm getting no comments at ALL. I have no idea whether the story is interesting you or not or anything! Please comment and vote! Even 'upd8 plz' comments I don't mind.

Thank you for everything! I love you all.

L :) xx

(P.S: you guys like the new cover?)