Chapter 22.5: Nightmare Made Real

"Welcome to part 2. The reason for the two parts was because the chapter was becoming too long. So continuing on Vert had asked Terra a fairly strange question. Whether he considered being a candidate"

Terra found her question odd "A...candidate? As in a CPU candidate? Ummm...no not really why?"

"Oh...it's no reason" said Vert going back "Well I'll see you in the morning myself. Good night Terra" Terra was left a little bewildered

"A CPU candidate? Can I even be a candidate? Hmm well I suppose I am a CPU to a degree. Was she asking me...? Nah I'll wait until she asks...I need to get to sleep. Otherwise I can't get up in the morning"

The morning came somewhat quickly...with Terra doing his morning jog. Nepgear was this time with him riding on the jet-board giving him a morale boost "You're doing really good Terra. You're now much better than when you began"

"I know I can feel it too" said Terra "I'd say I'm getting there. Another four or five days of training and I'll be fighting fit again" Terra stopped and breathed "Time for a break, Compa wants me to take things lightly"

"Then why don't we go to a waffle house near here? They make some nice toffee ones"

"A nice breakfast to get things going. Why not let's go"

Terra and Nepgear stand on a bench eating their waffles "this is good I don't think I've ever had a waffle before"

"I thought you'd like it" said Nepgear "so are you going to Leanbox today?"

"Yeah. I want to help Vert restore her shares like I've been doing with you and Neptune. Oh did you hear that Peashy came by last night?"

"Aha. Neptune and Vert told us she arrived...but she didn't remember any of us. Neptune sounded depressed"

"Well maybe I could convince Peashy. I mean she and I get on really well. Or we find some way to jumpstart her memory"

"We'll have to brainstorm a bit for that"

"Say...Nepgear can I...ask you something?"

Nepgear noted his hesitation "It's okay go ahead and ask your question"

"Do...you think...I could become a candidate?" asked Terra a bit nervously "Vert was asking me if I ever considered being a CPU candidate"

"Well...you a CPU like the rest of us. So maybe you could"

"I...don't know. It's something I've never once thought about"

"I think you could do it" Nepgear said encouragingly "I mean you're strong, you're really kind to people and you work really hard"

"Jeez you're making me blush here. I guess it's just something to think about that's all"

Terra finished his waffle "If anything I can only really be the candidate for Leanbox. It's the only nation that doesn't have one"

"I'm sure Vert would be happy about that" said Nepgear "So then what shall we do now Terra?"

"Well with my light morning training over I guess go back" Terra forged Blanc's tomahawk "I've still got some practise left to do"

"So can you summon everyone's weapons?"

"I think so...let me try"