21

We all sat in James' hospital room, waiting. For what, that I didn't know. Maybe for him to wake up, or to show any signs of life, or maybe even prepping ourselves for the worst.

I shift in my seat when we see the doors open. A familiar redhead walks in slowly. Dad immediately stands up to embrace her as she already had tears in her eyes.

"I'm ok," she whispers. She looks over at James and takes in a deep breath.

"Don't stress dear." My grandma chimes in. "It's not good for the baby."

Autumn nods her head and sits down beside James, and didn't say a word. Just sat and stared.

I finally stood up and mumbled, "I'm going to the restroom."

Granted I didn't know where the restroom was, I just needed to get out of there for a second. I decide to walk outside and get some fresh air.

I lean against the wall and stare out. How many people leaned against this wall, hopeless? I bet it's too many to count.

I bet that the same exact thought ran through their mind. It's a crazy world. Things work in circles. Everything's related to something and something is somehow related to everything.

In the distance I see a familiar figure walk up to the doors. They had high heels on and what looked like business attire.

"Andria, I didn't know you'd be out here?" That voice that belonged to the women asked.

"He's my brother." I say blankly to Sara.

"I meant out here, outside." She said.

I shrug my shoulders, as I look down at the ground. I didn't hesitate to ask,"Why are you here?"

"I want to be here for your father. I know that this is hard for him." She takes a break before adding on, "and for you. I feel like this just topped off everything, especially with your father dating now, and-"

"I came out here to be alone." I cut her off by answering her first question. I could tell that my response took her back. But that was the truth. "I just need to be alone." I say quietly with m voice shaking.

"Of course," she says quietly as her hand went to my shoulder. "He'll be ok, Andi." And with that she walked inside.

I was still unsure about whether or not I liked her or not. At some moments I was fine with her, and at others, I couldn't stand her.

I felt tears start to form in the back of my eyes but I blinked them away, not wanting to deal with the stares from people walking in and out of the hospital.

But for some reason at that moment, I couldn't hold the tears back anymore. It was too hard.