11

I walked back inside to find no one in the living room. I quietly walk to my dads room, where I hoped he was. I knock on the door and wait for an answer. In a couple seconds he opened the door, still in his work clothes.

"Can we talk?" I ask him. He motions me in with his hand. I go in and sit on his bed.

"I don't want to care if you go out with other girls. But I do." I start off making sure to choose my words carefully. "And it's not like you need my permission or anything, but I have to accept it." I say quietly. My dad crosses his arms and scrunches his eyes together, now interested.

"What made you change perspective?" He asks in a rough voice.

"Seeing you. Looking like this." I answer honestly. "It reminded me to much of when we were in Ohio, and I didn't want to be the reason for it."

Dad sighs and uncrosses his arms as he stepped closer to me. "Andi, it wasn't you. This was my bad for not communicating this." He sighs once again. "I knew it was going to be difficult."

"But it's not." I tell him. "It's time to move on. At least that's what James said."

"James." He reminisced. "I'm glad you have each other."

I smile at him as I got up and wrapped my arms around him. Its crazy how many don't realize the strength in arguments and fights and bumps in the road, may they be little or big. Because once a relationship has been tattered and thrown around and beaten up, it just allows it to grow stronger.

I lay in bed that night with a feeling that things would start changing. That I was entering a turning point in my life.

I open my window before falling asleep.

Blood. Warm blood spilled on the last two steps of the stairs. Her face was a color that I thought could only exist in movies and her lips were as if she were dead. But she wasn't. She was standing right beside me. Perfectly healthy, looking down at her own self.

Dad walked in the front door of our old house with the girl he was with at the restaurant. He completely ignored his wife's corpse laying at the bottom of the stairs and her ghost like self beside me. I watched as tears fell from her eyes. I was screaming. But no sound was coming out.

"Andi, wake up!" My eyes shoot open as I felt my chest pound and beads of sweat on my forehead. I was out of breath.

"You were screaming." James says taking his hand off of my shoulder. I swallow and feel the dryness of my throat. I was screaming.

"Just a bad dream." I tell him sitting up.

"About what?" He urged as he stood straight up.

"Nothing." I tell him. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about. A wave a guilt washed over me as I start to subconsciously analyze the dream.

"Ok. You gonna be ok?" He then asked scrunching his eyebrows.

I nod my head. "Yeah. I'll just go back to sleep," I lie to him. It was dark. He can't tell whether I was lying or not.

He leaves without saying furthermore. I look at the clock and see that it reads 4:13 am. The first rays of the sun would start to shine through in a matter of an hour or so.

I get up to close my window as the cold night breeze was coming through. I life my blinds to put my hand on the cold glass when I see a dark shadow in the distance. It was a large figure, but to dark to identify who it was.

They started to inch closer to my window. I slam my window shut and lock it, convincing myself that it was my imagination. Because that's all it was. My imagination.