6

Liam and I end up talking about whatever came to our minds for God knows how long. The concept of time seems to disappear when I was sitting there, with him under the oak tree.

"Well I should probably get home." I say leaning my head back on the tree. "But I don't want to go home." I mutter under my breath to myself.

"It's almost midnight, Andi," Liam says as he starts to get up. He offers his hand to help me up.

I take his warm hand and stand up from off of the ground and wipe off any dirt from my back.

"I'll walk you home. Who knows what kind of people are out right now." He says also dusting himself off.

"It's fine, I don't live to far and I've-"

"It wasn't question, Andi," Liam chuckles.

I felt my heart beat faster at his kind gesture. I start walking with him following my lead.

"Want to talk about those family problems?" He asks quietly as we walk.

I don't say anything. Do I? I take in a silent breath.

"My Mom died when I was 7, which was why we came out here." I say. A confused look and across Liam's face. "And my dad's work got transferred here a year later, so it all worked out." I cover up, forgetting what I told him earlier.

"Anyways, it's been 10 years of just me, my dad, and my brother. No one else." I feel the tears start to form in the back of my eyes. "And tonight I saw my dad with a girl. And apparently he's been going out," I say takin a pause. "With other girls." I force out with my voice cracking.

I look away from Liam and try to drain the tears into the backs of my eyes. This was what I was afraid off. Breaking down. I haven't broken down since I found my mother's dead body. And I don't plan on doing it again. I'm not strong enough yet.

"It's going to be ok," Liam said in a soothing voice. "Everything will work itself out if you don't interfere with it. It's hard to accept, but it's easier when you do accept it."

I stay silent staring down at my walking feet, trying so hard not to completely loose it. I could feel Liam's eyes on me. He walks in front of me, causing me to stop.

"Look at me, Andi." I could barely hear him, by I look up at him anyways. He stares into my eyes.

"Friends are suppose to cheer friends up. So it's my job to make you happy." He stated. I furrow my eyebrows at him, confused.

He then walks away, leaving me alone. Was this his idea of cheering me up? I stand there awkwardly, wondering if he'll even come back.

To my surprise, he does with something behind his back. I wait until he presents me with a dandelion.

"For you," He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile as I take the dandelion. "Some people see these as weeds they need to pick." I tell him.

"But it made you smile. And I'm sure you can make some metaphor out of the fact that a dandelion is a weed." He said as we continued to walk.

Dandelions are weeds. But only to some people. To others, they are wishes waiting to come true.