14

What Liam's father had said to me made my hands shake and sweat form on my forehead. Why did he call her a liar?

I walk back into the cafe where Elise approached me.

"Andi, are you ok?" She asked, having fully watched the entire scene unravel.

"Yeah, I'm good. But I should get going before my dads girlfriend gets there." I tell her trying to act as if everything was normal.

"It's only 2:47," She said.

"I know." I swallow. I start inching backwards towards the door. "He said something about her coming earlier. But I'll see you tomorrow at school." I tell her before leaving.

I hear her call out if I need a ride, but by that time I'm already out of the door, walking home.

Being alone with your thoughts is one of the scariest places to be in, because everything's possible. It's weird how our minds work. We are often times self destructive as we sabotage our own actions.

It doesn't help when other people do it for you. My mom wasn't a liar. I knew her for 7 years. And in those 7 years, she never lied. Ever.

See, I tell myself that, but there's that small part of me that questions it. I was only 7. And when you're that young, you don't have a full grasp of what goes on in your parents lives.

I'm at a civil war with my own self, and didn't know who was winning. There was what I wanted to believe and what could be a very probable truth, and I didn't know which side to go with.

My stroll turns into a speed walk but never breaks out into a run. I make it home in a swift 14 minutes. I was about to head to my room when my dad came in.

"Hey, Andi, have you seen James?" Dad asks me.

"No, why?"

"He said he was going to be home 30 minutes ago." He said looking at the text messages from him.

"Hopefully he's here to meet Sara," I say both testing out and putting emphasis on her name.

Dad shoot me that Dad look before I go to my room. I try calling James wondering if he's blowing off this whole dinner thing. No answer.

Guess we'll have no way of knowing. About two hours pass by and all of us are sitting around the table waiting for her to arrive. Almost all of us. James still hasn't showed up, and Dad was a mess.

"Dad it's fine. I'm sure she'll meet James if she sticks around long enough." I tell him.

"I don't want to hear it from you tonight." He scolds in a seen voice. He never yelled. That was moms job. "I expect you to be on your best behavior."

"Oh yeah, like James?" I challenge.

"Hush, Andi." Grandma walks in adjusting her bracelet. "Your fathers nervous enough."

I look at the clock and start to count the hours until this is over, but then I realize that I was only screwing myself.

However, before I knew she was at the door. Dad opens the door to a women who had dark hair and dark eyes. She had that desirable shape to her body that nearly every women longed for.

Bigger boobs. Cinched waist that smoothly curved out into sizable hips.
In my personal opinion, she looked like a stripper that knew how to clean up to not look like a stripper.

I sat on the couch and observed as Dad kissed her on the cheek, and my grandmother introduce herself.

"This is Andria," Dad said, motioning for me to stand up.

"Hey," I say to her as I lazily got up from the couch.

"Andria." She smiles. "What a beautiful name."

"Thanks." I say awkwardly. "My Mom picked it out." I smile, deliberately making things even more awkward.

Sara takes a breath in and turns to my father. "I thought you had two kids." She recalled.

"I thought I did to." He jokes. "James is just caught up with his schoolwork."

Sara nods her head as we all went to go dish up our plates. I sit across from Sara and sat next to grandma. I wanted a good look at her.

"So, Andria, do you have any hobbies?" She asks trying to make light conversation.

"No."

"What about boys? Are you interested in them," She smiles trying to get me to engage more.

"No," both my father and I say at the same time. "I'm too young for boys." I then say, as if I was perfectly trained.

"You've got a good head on those shoulders." Sara smiled.

"She does doesn't she." Dad interrupted. "Anyways, Sara why don't you tell Andi about yourself."

"Well, I actually grew up in Michigan, and I moved out here when I was just a girl." She started out showcasing those horse teeth.

I nod my head every now and then as she kept talking, and talking, and talking. It wasn't until I heard the pitch in her voice change, when I realized she was asking me a question.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you miss Ohio?" She repeats.

"No." I say blatantly. "Not at all."