Sent

Valencia secured her veil over her face and pulled out a slate from the collar of her long white dress now stained with gray dust

"Valencia," I said and leaned forward to look at the screen, "What are you sending."

"Something, everyone in the Union, needs to see," Valencia said with a wide smirk.

Valencia continued to type into the slate when a video of a familiar scene began to play on the dark screen.

Gen was looking out into the city skyline up in the tower.

"I've altered the lower cities ventilation system to cut off its oxygen supply shortly after a bombing in the lower city center," Gen said from a video on the slate, "You along with everyone in the lower city will perish."

"The Union," Gen said and pressed her hands together, "Thanks you for your sacrifice."

Valencia turned the slate camera around to her face and began to speak to it.

"Citizens of the lower city," she said through her veil, "We do not have much time. Please find us at tunnel A23 below the center of the lower city. There is a shuttle to safety waiting for you, but please hurry."

The screen went black. I looked up at Valencia as my heart swelled with the kind of awe I used to have for her when I was younger.

No matter how many mistakes Valencia had made she always would be this amazing to me.