Eighteen

"Again!" He screamed, hitting me with the long wooden pole once more. I cried out, I was only fifteen, yet I should be used to this by now. "You do it right or I'll add another bruise!"

I got up, staggering slightly after being hit so many times. Looking at the obstacle course in front of me I cringe thinking of running it again. It was three in the morning, I'd had one meal today, and I'd already run this track almost a hundred times. But every time it seemed I was getting worse, because he hit me more and more each time.

"Please Luke..." I try and get him to pity me, but there's nothing but coldness in his eyes. He wacks me once more with the pole, this time over my head. I fall to the ground, groaning in pain as my vision blurs.

"When you wake up, I expect perfection."

And that was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

-

"Ara....." Taehyung's eyes start to water. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug. I was sat atop his lap inside his tech room, where he was supposed to be working. He wasn't though, he said he couldn't until he'd heard the whole story about Luke.

"Please don't cry," I whisper. "It's over, I'm here with you, I'm safe," I assure him. I feel him nod against me and I sigh, holding him tighter. When I pull away I see a few tears have escaped his eyes and I wipe them away like I wish I could do with his worries.

Taehyung was so sweet. It was like he felt my pain when I told him, like he understood. I wanted to ask about it, but I was afraid it would be too much for him. I assumed it had to do with how he got here, a sweet innocent boy, part of the mafia.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Ara," Taehyung manages to get out. I smile sadly at him, gently stroking his hair.

"Me too, but it's in the past and Yoongi and Jungkook are gonna get him," I remind Taehyung. He nods, remembering the two boys had left a few hours ago for the job. He pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear and I smile at him.

I was never one to go for guys like Taehyung; the sweet, caring, and shy. While he was no where near shy now I had to admit his initial introduction left me puzzled. There was so much more to him than I could have imagined, and I'm glad I didn't let my head spew words of discouragement when I'd made up my mind that I liked him. He was something new for me, and right now, he was what I needed.

"He's never gonna hurt you again, not as long as I'm here," Taehyung assures me. It's sweet but I can only let out a snort.

"I'm sorry," I chuckle, adjusting myself on his lap. "But What are you gonna do? Send him a computer virus?"

"Hey I can fight!" Taehyung exclaims, making me throw my head back and laugh.

"I'm sure you can babe," I smirk at him. "Hey," I grab him face in my hands as he looks away from me, pouting like a child. "I'm sorry, I still lo-like you," I cough, catching myself before I made the biggest mistake of my life. It's been not even a week oh my god Ara shut up.

Before Taehyung can comment on my strange behavior I pull his face to mine and connect our lips for a sweet kiss. He smiles against my lips which only makes me smile back. We're so immersed in each other we don't hear the door open.

"I knew it."

Suddenly I'm falling, and I hit the ground with a thud, groaning at the harsh impact. I look up and glare at Taehyung who looks at me apologetically before turning in fear at the door. I finally look up and see a smirking Jimin in the doorway, looking way too smug.